Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Had cleric card in play on another base paraphrase "after another base scores, you can one of your minion's from there to here". The other base was a Ninja base with paraphrase "after base scores, put the highest power minion of each player at the bottom of their deck." Which kicks in first? Does it matter which player scores it?

Closest rule I can see is the general "me first" rule where current player does a special, then clockwise. But since one of them is coming from a base and not a player controlled effect, I don't know if that means it happens last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lee
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the special the player played would take precedence over the base's ability. The rulebook isn't specific because it doesn't reference the timing of base abilities compared with player specials after scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that if multiple effects would occur simultaneously (regardless if it's minion, action, base effect, etc) the player can choose the order in which they resolve, which means that one could potentially affect the outcome of the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdekemp wrote:
Remember that if multiple effects would occur simultaneously (regardless if it's minion, action, base effect, etc) the player can choose the order in which they resolve, which means that one could potentially affect the outcome of the other.
the player.

And that's the problem. Which player gets to decide irst? Is it the player whose turn it is and causing the base to break, or the player who owns the other effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The player whose turn it is: "If multiple effects would happen at the same time, the player whose turn it is chooses the order."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timgoddard wrote:
The player whose turn it is: "If multiple effects would happen at the same time, the player whose turn it is chooses the order."
I went to get the actual card texts. (The game got put away last night before I typed up my questions and I was too lazy to pull them back out.)

Cleric Action - BIN AND GONE - Play on a base. Ongoing: After another base scores, you may move one of your minions from there to here instead of the discard pile.

Base - Temple of Goju (but the other Ninja base qualifies and some others probably do too) After this base scores, place each player's highest power minion here on the bottom of its owner's deck.

So I guess I'm wrong, and the cleric card wasn't a special and since its not a special the Me First rule doesn't come into play and this just defaults to the current player's choice.

I'll go sit and the corner and ponder if this is designer intention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls