Subject: Which Revolution! expansion to get rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikola Luburić
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand they are not compatible, so which one would you recommend? After going through both I feel that Anarchy brings more to the table.

On a side note, how would you compare Revolution! with 4 and with 6 players? Does it scale well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Appreciate the little things in lifeMicrobadge: Billy Connolly fan - Never trust a man, who when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it onMicrobadge: GameChat League - Gelato Division: "Discover your favorite flavour!"Microbadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
We like The Palace just fine, as it ramps up the interaction. I prefer the game with 5P.

But this conversation will probably get more responses in the game's own forum:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/34887/revolution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have the palace and have played the other with plans to buy it. Both obviously get the game to 6 and in both cases it scales up well, though your strategies may need to change. Think of it like the differences between 3 and 4. You are right saying anarchy brings more to the table but the flip of the is it feels more uncontrolled. I only played anarchy once with the family and they preferred palace and I heared my friends rave about anarchy over palace.
I think I'd choose anarchy if you want more ...well anarchy lol. It seems like the larger addition too. Palace just seems a little more planned or thought out. Both good, and it scales well due to theres and extra row of stuff to bid on so don't worry about scaling.
Happy shopping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls