Subject: No artifact cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hannam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the GotG set I was hoping more hero cards would have the artifact component implemented in Secret Wars Vol. 1. It was disappointing that none of the heroes in this set had artifacts at all.

Does anyone know if this is something we may see in the Volume 2 set of Secret Wars?

This game is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
They haven't said yet whether that is one of the key words. You should subscribe to the 'What We Know' and 'What You're Getting' threads to find out.

I hope so but I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fear Itself (The Villains expansion) features Thrown Artifacts - you can use them as Artifacts (i.e. putting them face up in front of you for the rest of the game), but when you use them you have to discard them and place them at the bottom of your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not uncommon for a keyword introduced with a set to not make an appearance again (See Burrow, Focus, Demolish, Feast, Versatile, Cosmic Threat)

But some times they do come back in other sets (See Bribe, Teleport, Dodge, Wall-Crawl)

Artifact is one of my favorites so I hope it gets used again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
One possibility is that while artifacts are popular, they're also really powerful. Thanos and Apocalypse in particular go down much easier (though not always easily) when artifacts are involved.

The designers might have decided to shy away from the concept in order to prevent power creep. At least one poster here is worried this game will go the way of the Overpower card game, where new characters are almost always more powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
One possibility is that while artifacts are popular, they're also really powerful. Thanos and Apocalypse in particular go down much easier (though not always easily) when artifacts are involved.

The designers might have decided to shy away from the concept in order to prevent power creep. At least one poster here is worried this game will go the way of the Overpower card game, where new characters are almost always more powerful.

Good point. Makes sense why they transitioned to Thrown artifact in Fear Itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.