Argent: The Consortium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swapping mages when you have 7. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I have 7 Mages and I would gain another one, I can swap one of my mages with the new one. Can I swap only mages from my office?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Took
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly don't know the official ruling but that is how we play, Gaining the 8th mage means putting back one currently in your office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Mononen
Finland
Kuopio
Pohjois-Savo
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of big sister and little brotherMicrobadge: A fool and his money are soon parted.Microbadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: City of the Big Shoulders
It was in some reply from official source: You can return any mage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll defer to Trey, but my understanding is that the new mage goes into the office, since thematically it's a different person joining your department (again, that's my unofficial thought!)

This really only matters in the case of a supporter that nets you a new mage, since the other mage-gaining board powers all work at the end or specify that they swap the mage that activated them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: Risk Legacy fanMicrobadge: Empyreal: Spells & Steam fanMicrobadge: Yomi fanMicrobadge: Christian and LGBTQ or ally
The new one must go into your Office. However, you can remove one that's already on the board to make room for the 7th, but this opens that slot up to opponents.

So to put it simply, you can replace any of your mages but the new one must go into your Office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls