Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alvaro Lopez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

My wife install three shortcuts in a row and she basically could stop in any sector she wanted.

Can you use shortcut when you move through it to increment your movement in 1 or you need to fall on it to use the extra movement?

If as a consecuence of using one short cut you fall in another shortcut, can you move through this las sector as well?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alvaro,

1. You can not build few copies of any item. You can have only one copy of each.

2. Shortcut has nothing to do with moving rules. Shortcut provides you free Wood or Food from adjacent Tile during Production stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
Hi Alvaro,

1. You can not build few copies of any item. You can have only one copy of each.

2. Shortcut has nothing to do with moving rules. Shortcut provides you free Wood or Food from adjacent Tile during Production stage.

Ignacy, didn't you mistake the games?

alvarolg wrote:
Can you use shortcut when you move through it to increment your movement in 1 or you need to fall on it to use the extra movement?

You just need to go through the sector with a shortcut, you do not need to end your move there. Just do not mistake "skipping a sector" with "moving an additional sector" because skipping a sector allows you to skip all the traps in it.
Treat a shortcut in sector number 2 as a way to jump from sector number 1 directly to sector number 3 (skipping sector number 2).

Quote:
If as a consecuence of using one short cut you fall in another shortcut, can you move through this las sector as well?

Exactly - you can skip that last sector as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
Hi Alvaro,

This is your brain.

This is your brain on Convention Season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Lopez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your explanations.

So basically, in a two players game, if you have three sectors in front of you where you have placed shortcuts and you have movement of two, you can choose to stay in sector 1, 2, 3 or 4 but not 5 ( fith sector is the one where you currently are). Correct?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alvarolg wrote:
Thanks a lot for your explanations.

So basically, in a two players game, if you have three sectors in front of you where you have placed shortcuts and you have movement of two, you can choose to stay in sector 1, 2, 3 or 4 but not 5 ( fith sector is the one where you currently are). Correct?

Thanks.

Nope.

If e.g. you are in sector 5 (sectors are laid out in the order 1-2-3-4-5) and have shortcuts placed in sectors 1, 2, 3, then you can end your move in sector 2 (using no shortcut) or
a) choose 1 shortcut and end in sector 3
b) choose 2 shortcuts and end in sector 4
c) choose all the 3 shortcuts and end in sector 5.

Is that clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Lopez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Mariusz,

Sorry, I dont get it :-(. So I use my two movements two finish in sector 2. Shortcuts are in 1,2 and 3. I Decide to use shortcut in sector 2 to go to 3, and and shortcut in sector 3 to go to 4. 4 has no shortcut, so I cannot go to 5. My question basically is: Can you safe movements to use after having used shortcuts?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alvarolg wrote:
Hi Mariusz,

Sorry, I dont get it :-(. So I use my two movements two finish in sector 2. Shortcuts are in 1,2 and 3. I Decide to use shortcut in sector 2 to go to 3, and and shortcut in sector 3 to go to 4. 4 has no shortcut, so I cannot go to 5. My question basically is: Can you safe movements to use after having used shortcuts?

Thanks

As above, if you have 2 movement points, you can use a shortcut during both of those movement points, i.e. you activate a shortcut even if it's not in your ending sector, otherwise it would not be a shortcut but an action card. The same logic applies to normal traps and crescent-shape traps - the former are triggered if you end your move there, the latter are triggered when you move through and as well when you end your move in the same sector.

The above example would look like this:
You start your movement from S5, instead of moving to S1, you skip it, you then skip S2 and S3 as well. Hence, you move into S4 as your first step and S5 is your ending sector.

Another example:
Let's say shortcuts are in S1 and S3, you start your movement from S5:
You firstly skip S1 (you still have 2 steps to make), you use one movement point in S2, then skip S3 (still 1 step to make) and end up in S4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Lopez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, understood! Thanks a lot. It's very powerfull. Traps do not affect enemies either if they have shortcut on the sector, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.