Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am running a 5-18 player game of Mega Civilization at Fantasy Flight Game Center in Roseville, MN on Saturday December 5th.

Start time is 11am, ending time is midnight, with a break from 5pm-6pm for food.

Rules will be taught, no experience necessary. This is the official Mega Civilization game from Pegasus Spiele (not sure of any changes from any print and play versions, but I am aware of the changes since Advanced Civilization).

Basic AST will be used, and the game will end after the last turn we can finish before 11:30pm (to allow time for cleanup before they close at Midnight). My guess is that we'll be a couple of turns from the end of the AST at game end, but that obviously depends on the speed of play.

This is not a contest or anything, it is free and purely for fun.

If going, please geekmail me and I'll add you to the list below.

If you later find out you cannot make it, please let me know via geekmail as soon as possible, but even right up until 11am on Dec. 5th I'll be able to check my geekmail. The game has very different setup rules for different number of players, so notice of any cancellations is particularly appreciated.

If find out at the last minute that you'll be a little late and let me know, you can join in but perhaps be a little later in region/country selection. Aim to arrive early if you've never been to FFGC, or there are traffic or weather concerns.

Some info:

Rules changes from Advanced Civilization:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1445413/rule-differences-ad...

Mega Civilization rulebook:
https://www.pegasusshop.de/spielregeln/8719214420024_gb.pdf

Fantasy Flight Games Center webpage:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/fantasy-flight-ga...

Their address/phone (though I have no connection to them; direct any questions about the meetup to me here on BGG):

1975 County Road B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113
Phone: 651-379-3801

List of attendees:
1) Matt B. (me)
2) Eric E.
3) Peter B.
4) Sam E.
5) Joshua E.
6) Christopher (ampoliros)
7) Paul (Sataranji)
8) Curtis Herbert (scribo)
9) Brian Schlichting (PopeBrain)
10) John Enoch (JohnnytheSkin)- tentative
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enoch
United States
Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Microbadge: “Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what’s right.” — Isaac AsimovMicrobadge: I never get all the rules right!Microbadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: You are Not Special.
Matt,

Put me down. I think I can make it but work and general tiredness may change things. Sounds like a fun time!

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John: Added.

Really looking forward to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
Microbadge: Dark humor fanMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: FeminismMicrobadge: SatanistMicrobadge: Black Metal fan
Matt, both Jen and I would like to also be added. We are a strong maybe at this point though. I just started a new job and I'm not entirely sure what I'll be working that week and have a very high chance that I'll actually be working that day.

If you manage to get 18+ people, just bump us off to fill in other people who are 100% confident they'll be able to make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Herbert
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the list! Gonna be a great game! Civ is the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to fit this into the schedule. It would take a bummer event for me to miss it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PopeBrain wrote:
Managed to fit this into the schedule. It would take a bummer event for me to miss it now.
Cool, removed the tentative. See you then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Roseville,MN: Sat Dec 5th game at FFGC 11am-Midnigh
I've had some people ask if I was going to do a recap. Not something I'm too good at (someone at MMP marveled at how boring I made a prototype game of theirs sound when describing it), and my Ipad doesn't take very good pictures, but if someone else wanted to do so, there is interest out there for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
Microbadge: Dark humor fanMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: FeminismMicrobadge: SatanistMicrobadge: Black Metal fan
Matt, unfortunately I work so Jen and I won't be able to attend. I really wanted to be there too. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Herbert
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey players, I posted a session report, more or less, in the sessions report section.

Matt, if you post a link to that excellent player aid with all the civ card buys, that would be nice. I am sure it is easy to find but I did not find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enoch
United States
Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Microbadge: “Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what’s right.” — Isaac AsimovMicrobadge: I never get all the rules right!Microbadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: You are Not Special.
Thanks for setting the game up, Matt. It was a lot of fun...I just wish I had more sleep the night before. Two large coffees and espresso shots and I was still yawning the last couple of hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the player aid. though it looks like he's updated it and it looks very different now (for better or worse, a black backrougn behind the numbers):

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/123720/mega-civilization-...

Here's Curtis's session report:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1485117/mega-civ-session

If people are interested in trying again, a Saturday sometime January or later works for at least 5 of us (Eric, Joshua, Peter, Sam, and I) when we have enough advance warning (a few weeks) so that we can request that day off work.

So, if at least 3 other people can agree on a Saturday to meet sometime January or later (giving us 8), I can organize it again to try to get more people from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls