Hide
5 Posts

Onward, Christian Soldiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cappadocia box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesper Aagaard Friis
msg tools
I would like an explanation of the cappadocia box.. Is it possible to attack? Can troops just stay there forever or what??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
jesperaaf wrote:
I would like an explanation of the cappadocia box.. Is it possible to attack? Can troops just stay there forever or what??

Only Mosul Turk forces may be in the Capp box. They may stay there forever if they wish. Nobody may attack into it.

Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesperaaf wrote:

If they stay there, the Mosul Turks will never get their objectives. The Mosul Turks have limited forces without Kerbogha. In a multi-player game I can see the purpose of letting the other factions take the brunt of the Crusader wrath, but later on you will need them. Therefore, you need to think about committing the Turks as soon as you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pekar
Australia
Redfern
NSW
flag msg tools
Hey Neil,

We had our first play last night and we were confused about the capadocia and Turk box as well. Can the Turks enter it at will even if there are no troops to pick up there. Ie use it as a safe haven to escape crusader armies?

Thanks
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Ozboy wrote:
Hey Neil,

We had our first play last night and we were confused about the capadocia and Turk box as well. Can the Turks enter it at will even if there are no troops to pick up there. Ie use it as a safe haven to escape crusader armies?

No. See the following in 5.2:

"Recruitment in Mosul Turk Boxes. In addition to raising troops in Cities controlled by the Mosul Turk faction, the highest-ranked surviving Mosul Turk leader may raise Troops in the Mosul Turk Entry
box and the Cappadocia box. These boxes function as Mosul Turk Cities for this purpose (and only this purpose). A Mosul Turk force (or just a Leader by himself) may move into these boxes (but may not Withdraw or Retreat into them) in order to help raise troops and/or in order to collect troops raised there. No other factions may enter these boxes, nor may the boxes be captured, besieged, assaulted, ravaged, or destroyed."

So you definitely can't just enter it as a safe haven. Mind you, there's no real restriction (I now see) on how long you can stay there, and I wish I'd put one in.

What's supposed to happen is this: You enter the Cappadocia or Mosul Turk box in order to recruit - or assist in recruiting - in the very next Mosul Turk activation. You may not leave until such recruitment occurs.

But that's not in the rules, so I'll leave it open for now until I do the Living Rules. At that point, I'll make the official clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.