Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Laminating the gear grids and other boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Laine
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Just curious if anyone else is considering laminating the four gear grid boards? Or perhaps its already been done? I'm considering doing this but for obvious reasons I'm a little hesitant.

I was also thinking about laminating the Settlement/Hunt phase board, but this would probably require it being cut in half.

Anyway, just wondering what people think about this. Maybe it's not even necessary, but I can see these boards being exposed to drink spills, oily fingers, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sion Zris
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mb
I was thinking the same thing. I have a laminating machine, still hesitating though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magallian
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am about to laminate the grid boards, settlement locations and events. I am aware of the fact that there are big sleeves for the latter, but I prefer to laminate these. (I laminate all cards bigger than tarot size like character sheets and such.) In regard to the flimsy Settlement/Hunt phase board, I wished these came in two parts cardboard pieces. I consider to cut these in half and laminate them also, although I have to measure it up first.

I expect KMD will hit the table very often and I want to make sure the quality is and remain preserved. There might be people who think otherwise about laminating, but in the case of sticky fingers with food going around occasionaly I am happy with this solution. Nowadays friends approach me to laminate there boardgame components as well.

Edit: The Settlement/Hunt phase board is too large to cut it in two and laminate. It would take 3 cuts. I don't know about that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaine French

Temple
Texas
msg tools
mbmb
charleslaine wrote:
Just curious if anyone else is considering laminating the four gear grid boards? Or perhaps its already been done? I'm considering doing this but for obvious reasons I'm a little hesitant.
I was debating this and then found some awesome files here on BGG. I have been using this for characters.
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/123331/survivorgear-combo...
I laminated them and use a dry erase marker. It works really well. I've also been using a combined gear/resource tracker and the regular settlement sheet.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/124496/kingdom-death-rema...
(Only the 2nd sheet)

For my solo games it's really cleared up the table and helped with book keeping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For regular printer paper, clear contact paper works great. Not sure how it would do with thicker cardstock like the boards mentioned, but I think it would work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely check the Files section for some improvements on the boards (IMO). Laminate those!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls