Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Edwards
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine picked this version up for me at a car boot sale for 50p.

The rule book lists some, but not all of the card/component totals.

Listed:

6 x hare cards (1-6)
18 x lettuce cards
6 x race chart cards
6 x rabbit/hare tokens

There are also the following unlisted amounts (the rulebook merely lists the denominations, not the total amount of each card):

15 x carrot card value 1
15 x carrot card value 3
10 x carrot card value 6
10 x carrot card value 10
10 x carrot card value 15
35 x carrot card value 60

These seem like nice round numbers, but can anyone confirm that this is correct and complete?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
You most certainly have enough carrots to play the game, although it's is possible to acquire more carrots that are provided, but that's not a winning strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kitobor wrote:
A friend of mine picked this version up for me at a car boot sale for 50p.

[snip]

These seem like nice round numbers, but can anyone confirm that this is correct and complete?
First, congrats to you and your friend -- at 50p, that's the most amazing game find I've read of in a while!

I have the same version and just went to pull it off the shelf, and I count the same numbers of carrot cards.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:

First, congrats to you and your friend -- at 50p, that's the most amazing game find I've read of in a while!

I have the same version and just went to pull it off the shelf, and I count the same numbers of carrot cards.
Thanks very much for your time and effort - great to know it's complete.
BGG to the rescue again!

(This may have been a good find, but it got me thinking it would be cool to play ALL the SDJ winners since 1979... So, it might turn into a most expensive find!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm pleased to be able to help a little bit.

Your comment got me to wondering how many SdJ winners I have thrifted, so I went to look at the list and take a count -- I've rescued a total of seven in thrift shops over the years. A couple of those are no big deal at all, they've become easy or even trivial to find here in the US, but a few were very pleasing finds, though I think your find here is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kitobor wrote:
(This may have been a good find, but it got me thinking it would be cool to play ALL the SDJ winners since 1979... So, it might turn into a most expensive find!)
Don't you need a later version to play the SdJ winning version? I thought the position of the first lettuce square was moved between this edition and it winning the SdJ (but I could be wrong).

At least a couple of the winners (Focus, Perudo) could be played with components you're like to already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls