MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

In the case of the attachment that comes with Leia, does 'Exhaust this card at the end of your activation' effectively mean 'Discard it from this game'? If not, that's a remarkably strong card, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exhausted cards are turned 90 degrees for the duration of that rounds. It's readied again at the start of the next round. According to the RRG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering most games are done in about 4 rounds, this is only 4 extra VP. Also, that figure/group has to survive the whole game, and cannot attack the whole game (assuming you're using this card every turn). It's a great addition for Support leaders, like Gideon, but not so great for combat leaders like Luke.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, gents. That makes perfect sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card exhausts as a failsafe against future card design, or for the case where another effect allows you to activate a figure multiple times per round. If it didn't exhaust, imagine if you could stick it on a squad of Stormtroopers - a 7 cost activation that could generate 3 VP every turn while safely squirreled away in your start area!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he understands the mechanics, he was just wondering if this card should have been Deplete instead of Exhaust, since being able to reuse the card every round seemed too powerful to him. Since it's only attachable to Leaders, that limits it greatly already.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
It's a great addition for Support leaders, like Gideon, but not so great for combat leaders like Luke.
I second that. It is a good card, but with the current rebel groups available I only see it on Gideon who can be effective without attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ringl wrote:
shnar wrote:
It's a great addition for Support leaders, like Gideon, but not so great for combat leaders like Luke.
I second that. It is a good card, but with the current rebel groups available I only see it on Gideon who can be effective without attacking.
Well, that and Princess Leia, the figure this card comes with

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
The card exhausts as a failsafe against future card design, or for the case where another effect allows you to activate a figure multiple times per round. If it didn't exhaust, imagine if you could stick it on a squad of Stormtroopers - a 7 cost activation that could generate 3 VP every turn while safely squirreled away in your start area!
Nope, it's an attachment for a leader only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls