Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you do if a new merged company has 6 trains post merge and the limit is 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
Microbadge: I aspire to Curmudgeon Level EricMicrobadge: I love Canada!Microbadge: In MemoriamMicrobadge: I love Mexico!Microbadge: I support the Women and Gaming community
Return enough to the bank pool to get down to the train limit.

[JC is using language more precisely than I did. When I said "bank pool" the term in the rules is "Open Market".]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read somewhere there is a difference between the train store and the bank?

Not sure if it matters, but is that true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Los Gatos
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2.0: ...The game starts in Phase 2. ... Phase 3 starts on the purchase of the first 3-Train. ... Phase 4 starts on the purchase of the first 4-train. ... Phase 5 starts on the purchase of the first 5-train. ...

6.7: ... New trains are purchased from the Bank in the order they appear at the top of the train stack. Trains in the Open Market may also be purchased from the Bank at face value.
If a phase change includes a reduction in the Train Limit, all Public Companies, including the one operating, must immediately discard any trains Limit to the Open Market.

7.0: ... If a company is above its train limit at any time, it must put excess trains of its choice in the open market. ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls