Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
By my reckoning there are currently 10 more crossroads cards. Has anyone who's played with all found it has had a big change on the likelihood of drawing their character's crossroads cards. Have you tried to mitigate it? I haven't played with all but could see it might have an impact. Certainly if the are many more crossroads cards, it will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Does playiung with all the promo crossroads cards significantly affect the chances of drawing a crossroad card for your character?
Crossroads Cards with names on them aren't really like Cosmic Encounter Flares. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad.
I don't see a problem with certain "named" Crossroads Cards showing up or not...
Why do you think you need to see these specific ones show up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Does playiung with all the promo crossroads cards significantly affect the chances of drawing a crossroad card for your character?
I'm not sure an "impact" would matter. It's a chance encounter, not a guaranteed ratio of events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Does playiung with all the promo crossroads cards significantly affect the chances of drawing a crossroad card for your character?
jozxyqk wrote:
Crossroads Cards with names on them aren't really like Cosmic Encounter Flares. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad.
I don't see a problem with certain "named" Crossroads Cards showing up or not...
Why do you think you need to see these specific ones show up?
Purely because some of the crossroad cards have a big impact on how useful the characters are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Chances of drawing a card that would impact your character are already pretty slim. Better get used to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely true that the more cards you add to the Crossroads deck, the less likely any particular card will be drawn. That's just math.

It sounds like you're saying that there are some survivors that you would be less likely to choose if you knew that the chances of their Crossroads card coming up had been decreased. I like them all and think they are all useful in their own ways, whether their Crossroads card ever comes up or not, but you could try this (it's kind of Cosmic Encounter-y):

During Setup:

1. Create three separate decks, one with all of the survivors, one with all of the survivor-specific Crossroads cards, and one with the rest of the Crossroads cards.

2. During survivor selection, give everyone 4 survivors like you normally do.

3. After everyone has selected their 2 initial survivors, put the rest back in to the survivor deck and shuffle, like you normally do.

4. Find the Crossroads cards that are specific to all of the survivors that start in the game. Shuffle them in to the rest of the Crossroads cards. Set the other survivor-specific Crossroads cards aside.

Now the Crossroads deck will only contain survivor-specific cards for the survivors that are in play. If no one chose Sparky, for example, Sparky's Crossroads card will be back in the box.

And note that if someone chooses the Felicia Day promo card, you should shuffle ALL of the survivor-specific Crossroads cards into the Crossroads deck because of her special ability.

If one of the survivors dies, look through the Crossroads deck and remove that survivor's Crossroads card, then reshuffle. If a new survivor enters play, shuffle their Crossroads card into the Crossroads deck.

This method will add some time to both setup and break down of the game.

Also, Crossroads cards may trigger in general more often because you won't ever have survivor-specific cards for survivors not in play. This will also make it even more likely for survivor-specific Crossroads cards to trigger at all.

This will probably have a significant impact on the game if you play this way, but it could be pretty fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just wanted to say that there are a few survivor crossroad cards that ONLY trigger if that survivor is NOT in play. So there's that to make it more confusing. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.