Masato Horiuchi
Japan
Kawanishi
Hyogo
flag msg tools
Questions for the optional game.

What will happen if a player put the tile and make them exact of 13 symbols TWICE?

In order to the English rule, first when a player made them up to exact sum of 13 symbols, the player can draw 2 tiles and play one more tile so that now he has 3 cards.

If the player can successfully make them 13 symbols again in this additional play, will something fortunate come to this clever player?
I mean, the player can play tiles again and again until he fails to make 13 symbols? Or the player can play this additional play just once in a turn?

And can the player decide to take a Prize tile 1P after his successful 13 symbols play of additional turn?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Mungherli
Italy
Udine
Udine
flag msg tools
First of all I'm one of the founders of Apokalypseinc Games and one of the editors of Ophiuchus.

daddy cool wrote:
Questions for the optional game.

What will happen if a player put the tile and make them exact of 13 symbols TWICE?
You get 2 points (meaning 2 Prize tiles).

daddy cool wrote:

In order to the English rule, first when a player made them up to exact sum of 13 symbols, the player can draw 2 tiles and play one more tile so that now he has 3 cards.

If the player can successfully make them 13 symbols again in this additional play, will something fortunate come to this clever player?
I mean, the player can play tiles again and again until he fails to make 13 symbols? Or the player can play this additional play just once in a turn?
From the rules:

Rules of Play - Ophiuchus / THE GAME - Optional wrote:

When a player, positioning a tile, forms an exact sum of 13 symbols/colors, they are entitled, aside from earning the relative Constellation Card, to draw 2 tiles and put one, among the player's current 4 tiles, away to the astral reserve or, alternatively, to take a Prize tile 1P

This means that if you forms 13 of exact sum, you can get 2 tiles and choose one of them to add to your hand. This mean you don't play again but you add a choice to your next play better then get a random tile.

daddy cool wrote:

And can the player decide to take a Prize tile 1P after his successful 13 symbols play of additional turn?
This are explained from the previous answer.

daddy cool wrote:

Thanks.
You are welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masato Horiuchi
Japan
Kawanishi
Hyogo
flag msg tools
I see.
I totally misunderstood.

So the player can not play again when he/she make an exact sum of 13 symbols/colors, but just draw 2 cards and put one back to reserve or take 1-point tile, right?

When the player chooses a card to put back to reserve, can he/she choose a card among their current hand of 4 tiles?
Or they can choose one from the cards just they drawn for adding to their hand?

Many thanks, Cristian!:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Mungherli
Italy
Udine
Udine
flag msg tools
daddy cool wrote:
I see.
I totally misunderstood.

So the player can not play again when he/she make an exact sum of 13 symbols/colors, but just draw 2 cards and put one back to reserve or take 1-point tile, right?
Exactly!

daddy cool wrote:

When the player chooses a card to put back to reserve, can he/she choose a card among their current hand of 4 tiles?
Or they can choose one from the cards just they drawn for adding to their hand?
You pick up 2 cards and you can choose one of them to reach 3 cards on your hand. You can't have 4 cards on hand. If you do 13 two times you can get 2 tiles and choose and get 1 point.

daddy cool wrote:

Many thanks, Cristian!:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls