Subject: Saviour + Twilight sword (a few questions) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Battarra
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
In the 4th lantern year my saviour received a twilight sword from a wandering knight. Now, the combination might not be best...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The sword - apart from being cumbersome and slow - needs to be used many times to increase the hit rate and mastery level in order to be useful against the Watcher. Yet, the Saviour "burns out" quickly is you send her hunting too much.

I just want to check if, by RAW, I can do this:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I choose Dream of the beast for my saviour. So, as long as I have one full red affinity in the inventory, one of my attacks hit automatically.
In this way, I can guarantee at least one hit and mastery level each hunt. Maybe I don't even need to get an high level mastery for the sword... Just hit a second age milestone for the +2 strenght and I can "store" the saviour until the Watcher fight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
The Savior can't receive the Twilight Sword as it is Other gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Battarra
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mb

cry

Did not check the "other" keyword on the sword.
I guess the sword is lost, since the saviour was the only returning survivor eligible for it (most exp), but is not able to place it in the grid...
blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you can learn to plan when the TK will show up so someone good will be ready to take one if he hands one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
I floop the pig!
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this happen to, and this is my home rule for it:

"When determining who receives the Twilight Sword, ignore any Saviours" so I just give it to the most eligible "normal" person
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Roberts
Australia
flag msg tools
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
The Savior can't receive the Twilight Sword as it is Other gear.
My mind just got blown a little here because I've been playing this wrong (as not had a twilight sword yet because that damned hooded dillbrain won't give me one!). When reading the birth of a saviour rule sfor each dream, it states: "In the aftermath, gain +3 additional hunt xp. You may not place other gear in your grid."

I have been reading it as after the first hunt you gain the increased experience but any gear you have in your grid now is the ONLY gear you could use. I reasoned this was a trade off price to pay for being much more powerful and just an odd side effect for the dream itself - favoured gear or signature gear or whatever would mean the saviour would refuse to use other gear not present in the gear grid from their first hunt. This makes them so much more brutally potent now (I have in my first campaign which is still running, a red saviour with 2 hunts to her name and a whopping +8 strength base (bone witch struck her eyes, -4 accuracy means nothing when you auto hit! but an additional +4 strength means awesome!).

Awesome realisation here, so cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls