Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

IKI» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few questions after first play: Meeples, fire, skills, tobbacco shop and exchanges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

We've played one game, in 2 hours we are planning to play second time. But I have few questions about the rules and if anyone would like to answer on them in a short time I would be very grateful


- Meeples - I have two sets and one geisha. As I understand those are only extra pieces from Kickstarter? - we have 5 groups in the game right? One in each nagaya and fifth one in each corner (All 4 houses in each corner creates fifth group yes?)

- Skills: Grey works only after retirement, blue and purple during yes ?
- Tobacco Shop. There is something like that: "You may only buy one card for each type per turn" - what card? I don't understand this

- all exchanges can be made only once using cards/shops?

- firefighter power: If fire starts for example in may, and card on which fire starts spreading have 5 or more firefighter power, do the fire spreads out further or fire is putted out and rest of cards are safe ?

- Final round. We have something like that: "The final round of the game is different from the others. The order of the final action is from the highest firefighter power to the least..."

First sentence indicated that rules are different but second says that first will be the player with most firefighter power. That's the same rule as in the rest of turns. Or I messed up with something ?

Thank you very much for all answers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
we have 5 groups in the game right? One in each nagaya and fifth one in each corner (All 4 houses in each corner creates fifth group
Yes. Which implies that each corner house belongs to 2 groups.

Quote:
Skills: Grey works only after retirement, yellow, blue and purple before
Yes.

Quote:
Tobacco Shop. There is something like that: "You may only buy one card for each type per turn" - what card?
Means token, not card.

Quote:
firefighter power
When a fire is put out, it is out and does not spread anymore.

Quote:
Final round
The difference is not player order, but only that you skip phase 1 and phase 2/A.

The rules were translated into English by someone who had no idea about boardgames, and that shows in many places.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much Lutz

Fortunately we played correctly

As for the rules, your are right, it's Asian-English and definitely person who translated the rules had no idea about boardgames
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
AkitaInu wrote:


- Final round. We have something like that: "The final round of the game is different from the others. The order of the final action is from the highest firefighter power to the least..."

First sentence indicated that rules are different but second says that first will be the player with most firefighter power. That's the same rule as in the rest of turns. Or I messed up with something ?

Thank you very much for all answers
Well, it is different in the sense that normally you move based on where you are on the movement track (of course placement on the movement track is based on firepower). First the x, then 1 move, then 2 move etc.

In the 13th round that is no long the case. You move according to where you are on the fire track.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
Well, it is different in the sense that normally you move based on where you are on the movement track (of course placement on the movement track is based on firepower).
Good clarification, thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakaku, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
The rules were translated into English by someone who had no idea about boardgames, and that shows in many places.
No idea! That seems unfair, unless you meant has little understanding of writing boardgaming rules. They could have used a little polish, but I found them to be as clear as just about any other rulebook.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
No idea! That seems unfair, unless you meant has little understanding of writing boardgaming rules. They could have used a little polish, but I found them to be as clear as just about any other rulebook.
Hm. Do you consider a sentence like "The game is the end" standard English? And do you not object to talk about card hands when there is no card hand at all in a game? Just two of the many examples I found. It is true that you can decipher the rules and play the game without too much risk to go seriously wrong, but that does not mean that these are good rules.

But I need to stress that this does not make it a bad game, on the contrary. It is an excellent game, and the rules are the only point I find a problem with. I gave it 9/10 points, and the -1 was for the rules. It is just sad that the loving care that was put into this game did not extend to the rules.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls