Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: Clank! fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Dice fanMicrobadge: Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!Microbadge: King of Thrifters
I'd mentioned that I'd done a print & play version of Scythe in order to try the game out. What I hadn't mentioned is that I designed my own mechs & other bits for the game and printed them out on my 3D printer.

You can read all about it here:
http://windthefrogblog.com/3d-scythe-models/

There are many more photos as well as background on how I made the pnp at that link. I think it turned out great!

The 3D model files are up on Thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1118296

There are files for all of the 3D bits I designed to go with the print & play, including mechs, characters, resources, tokens, and even buttons to hold the combat dials together. Enjoy, but note that they're provided with a non-commercial license. They are not intended for you to download and sell (the files or the prints).

Note that these are NOT Stonemaier's official designs, the mechs that we get with the production game will be much, much nicer than these I expect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! I really like the character stands!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are awesome! All the rest us us PnP players are jealous now. It does server to show why the large map (especially extended map) will be so very nice. Those hexes crowd up quick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! Out of curiosity which printer did you use? If it says it in the blog my apologies, I missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: Clank! fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Dice fanMicrobadge: Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!Microbadge: King of Thrifters
Makerbot Replicator2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
great work
downloaded for my Rep 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobpony wrote:
Makerbot Replicator2
LOL, PnP Scythe mechs fabricated by the Makerbot Replicator! The Factory appears to be once again open for business. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
claudermilk wrote:
Those are awesome! All the rest us us PnP players are jealous now. It does server to show why the large map (especially extended map) will be so very nice. Those hexes crowd up quick!
Thanks! Yes, larger hexes will be terrific. I could print the board out again a bit larger, but then the Con-Tact shelf paper I used to seal it wouldn't reach all the way across. I'd have to seam it down the middle, and I'm not sure it would stay stuck down.

My hexes are about 25% smaller than the standard board hexes in the production game. And the big board option is much larger than that. I can't wait for bigger hexes, it does get crowded on the PnP board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
bobpony wrote:
I'd mentioned that I'd done a print & play version of Scythe in order to try the game out. What I hadn't mentioned is that I designed my own mechs & other bits for the game and printed them out on my 3D printer.

You can read all about it here:
http://windthefrogblog.com/3d-scythe-models/

There are many more photos as well as background on how I made the pnp at that link. I think it turned out great!

The 3D model files are up on Thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1118296

There are files for all of the 3D bits I designed to go with the print & play, including mechs, characters, resources, tokens, and even buttons to hold the combat dials together. Enjoy, but note that they're provided with a non-commercial license. They are not intended for you to download and sell (the files or the prints).

Note that these are NOT Stonemaier's official designs, the mechs that we get with the production game will be much, much nicer than these I expect!
much prettier than the tokens i made here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1078164 (but mine will probably print faster)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
Microbadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Mountain BikerMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Risk Legacy fanMicrobadge: I drink Cantillon
Fantastic!

Brings a whole new meaning to Print and Play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Blanchette
Canada
Roxton Pond
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven is the only game now! -_^
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good reason to buy a 3D-printer. Nice work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls