4 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Electromagnet boost card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay
Finland
flag msg tools
The card states that you move forwards maximum five times for each invention in front of you and then inventions in the first place move one space backwards.

We were playing this game with just 2 players and we ended up in a situation where I was right behind the other player who was in the first place. There was no racetrack spaces between us so we were in consecutive spaces.

I used this card and I got pulled along side to the first place as the card states but then the card states that all inventions in the first place should move one space backwards. Does this mean that when I get pulled to the same space with the first player then we both should move backwards one space? Because the card states inventions in the first place and we both were on the shared first place.

Or should we have understood the card so that neither of us were in the first place at that moment because we were sharing the first place? How this should have been resolved?

Also if there's one space between us, does that mean that I get pulled one space forwards and he gets pulled one space backwards and we both end up in the same space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I used this card and I got pulled along side to the first place as the card states but then the card states that all inventions in the first place should move one space backwards. Does this mean that when I get pulled to the same space with the first player then we both should move backwards one space? Because the card states inventions in the first place and we both were on the shared first place.

Correct

Quote:
Or should we have understood the card so that neither of us were in the first place at that moment because we were sharing the first place? How this should have been resolved?

As you are tied and there are no other inventions, you are both tied for first place, and also tied for last place. Both are true.

Quote:
Also if there's one space between us, does that mean that I get pulled one space forwards and he gets pulled one space backwards and we both end up in the same space?

Correct, because you resolve the "then" clause after you resolve the forward movement.

Hope that helps!

Keep rollin' sixes,

Gavan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
Finland
flag msg tools
Okay. Thank you for your quick answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Petersen

Mead
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Had this card come up last night, but where the Invention in 1st place had just passed the end of a shortcut. Which direction should that Invention move? Back along the main route? Back along the shortcut? Whichever route he had come from? Whichever route is closest to the player who played the card since the magnet is pulling him back (so could be either route depending upon where that player is on the board)?

Also, does the Invention take damage if pulled back to a mountain terrain space?

Have only played a few times and have enjoyed each one! Last night we had 8 players and it was a blast!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.