T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: (No Spoilers) Resetting after running out of T.U. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Gordon
Canada
Arkansas
flag msg tools
We ran out of T.U. and reset everything as the rulebook said (ie. put all the cards back except for the ones with the blue TIME logo).

This meant we lost everything we’d collected up to that point, including 99% of our items and a bunch of new locations we’d discovered. Which meant we’d essentially have to replay the entire game from scratch just to re-open all those locations and re-collect everything we needed.

Is that for real? That seems like such an unnecessary grind, especially if you're deliberately not making any new choices or discovering anything new. Is that really how the game's supposed to be played? Or am I misunderstanding the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just fetch the items you really need. Not everything is necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
The current moderation is unfair and one-sided...
badge
... So I am not supporting BGG in 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, replaying locations you've visitied in a previous run goes blindingly fast, so it doesn't really feel like a problem as such.

Also,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Some of those map sections you get, introducing new locations, *do* have the blue TIME logo on them, so you get to "keep" direct access to those new locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Gordon
Canada
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Timefortravel wrote:
Just fetch the items you really need. Not everything is necessary.
Fair point. I guess that means we better keep damn good notes. If you don't remember which items those were -- and where you got them from -- I imagine you could waste a bunch of T.U. on the next run re-exploring everything trying to remember where you got stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides, why would you make the same choices if they brought no success!
Maximize your time, and fetch only the items you REALLY need and visit the locations, you really need to visit.
Avoid useless actions and expenditure of TU.

It might take a few runs, but eventually you'll know what's best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FilipinoHeat wrote:
Is that for real?
Yes, it's how the game works: learn from your errors and successes on previous runs until you race through the case and save the time line. It's like being the protagonist in Groundhog Day or, even better, Edge of Tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls