10 Posts

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Trivial Pursuit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N J
msg tools
Hi,

I was wondering if the North American and UK versions of Trivial Pursuit have different questions.

I am looking at buying a friend that moved to the states the UK version of the game for Christmas.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
I believe they probably would, but don't know for sure. When I was growing up, my mother bought us a copy of Trivial Pursuit in Canada and it was definitely a Canadian version with lots of questions about Canada. It got to the point where if we didn't know something, we would just guess Pierre Trudeau and half the time it would be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing our hobby thing, can we try to tempt you away from trivial pursuit to something more... Good..?

Bezzerwizzer
Wits & Wagers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N J
msg tools
They already have the game. It would mainly be for the questions. Being able to choose from American or British.

I am always open to suggestions though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits & Wagers is the only trivia game I'll play. I doubt they have British based questions though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Wits & Wagers is the only trivia game I'll play. I doubt they have British based questions though.

Wits & Wagers
is a more inclusive game, by which I mean the advantage of trivia experts over those with less trivia knowledge is much less than in Trivial Pursuit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The questions are different.

I remember playing an American version with some British friends some years ago.

Some categories more so than others. Science is science wherever in the world you are. The same for Geography (even if it had a N American bias) - we tended to do OK on those. However when questions turn to sport or TV shows we didn't stand a hope.

Hope this helps,

RB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
no, they don't but it's easy enough to cherry pick them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They definitely have different questions. I bought a copy of Trivial Pursuit Steal Card Game on Amazon. After we started playing it was obvious that the game was a Canadian version. I was able to answer a fair number of questions (used to live in Detroit and work in Ontario) but my friends were completely clueless.

Pete (thinks most Trivial Pursuit versions are localized)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls