Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Misbehave question. It takes a womans touch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Marcinik
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I was playing firefly last night and came across a situation that led to an argument over how to apply a skill modifier from a scenario on a misbehave card (It Takes A Woman's Touch). Scenario 2 Subtlety and subterfuge is a Tech skill test that has +3 with Hacking Rig. I had the Kaylee's Reprogrammer Gear card (+2 Tech) on my Scrapper (+1 Tech). I am under the impression that the +3 modifier from the misbehave card would be counted in addition to the gear. Another player argued that the +3 from the misbehave card meant that having a hacking rig gave you +3 and the tech bonus from the gear card was not counted. Can anyone help resolve this disagreement? There is nothing in the rules or FAQ that addresses skill modifiers on a misbehave card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It would be in addition to any skill bonuses, not instead of. Basically, you calculate what you're adding normally THEN add another +3 for having a Hacking Rig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Roberts
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would argue that the equipment's +2 Tech should be counted normally. Then apply the bonus for having the keyword separately. It would be awkward to have to add up Tech points, add the bonus, and then subtract back out the Tech points from the piece of equipment that the keyword happened to be on. Consider another situation: would Sash's Tech skill count if the Hacking Rig keyword came from his card? I'd think so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.