Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I want to make sure that I understand how to score Ullr's special ability. His card states "Gain 1 glory each time that you roll 1 or more 2-hit results in a round of battle (does not apply to hunting)". In the rulebook, the term "round" is used to refer to both the 8 main rounds of the game, as well as each roll-and-resolve stage of combat. Depending on the interpretation of Ullr's ability, he might either be limited to scoring a maximum of 8 extra points during the entire game, or he might be able to score significantly more than that.

The scoring for two examples should help to clarify things:

Example 1: He attacks a Troll and a Draugr during the same game "round". He rolls a double hit against the Troll, killing it, and gains a bonus point. He then rolls a double hit on the Draugr, killing it as well. Does Ullr get a 2nd bonus point for this?

Example 2: He attacks the 1 attack, 3 defense Draugr with two axemen. During the first "round", he rolls a double hit with one axeman and a blank with the other, so he receives a bonus point, but doesn't kill the Draugr. During the second "round", he rolls another double hit with the remaining axeman and kills the Draugr. Does Ullr get a 2nd bonus point for this?

I believe that the answer to both scoring questions above would be "yes". However, an earlier post that I read in the forums made me a little uncertain about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Mendoza
United States
Minneola
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
In our games we played it as every roll/resolve stage of combat. Perhaps the wording could have been more clear with "... in every round of combat" not "...in a round of battle."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert, you are right that the answer is "yes" in both cases.

If Ullr fights a troll and rolls 1 double hit and one shield, he goes berzerk and gets a glory, then moves on to the next round of combat. If in the second round of combat with that troll he rolls 2 double hits, he goes berzerk again and scores 1 additional point.

Then if Ullr also fights a draugr, he can do the same all over again.

Perhaps we should have made a distinction between Game Round and Combat Round. Ullr can score that Glory once in each Combat Round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls