Hide
12 Posts

Tokaido Collector's Edition» Forums » General

Subject: any Us backers want to unload their copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Schimmel
msg tools
Just found out about this and looking for a copy > maybe someone has buyers remorse

hit me up

Todd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Carnelaine
United States
flag msg tools
badge
☆Free the winds☆
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also be interested in a painted Samurai pledge... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
The occasional Tokaido CE pledge shows up on the Geek Market. That's how I got ahold of a painted Samurai pledge. There's currently one up for 400 dollars, if you're interested. You could also wait for a cheaper one to hopefully be put up for sale, as I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a double pledge w/ painted minis, but honestly it's been so long and my gaming group has changed, so I will probably sell both of them when they finally arrive. I prefer to sell when I actually have the item in hand though, so I won't be listing mine for sale for a while yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$500 - painted Samurai pledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$500 for something that is costing you less than $120... That's some skalper markup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barlow wrote:
$500 for something that is costing you less than $120... That's some skalper markup.

Yep. It is outrageous. Getting collectors editions is less about playing but more about gouging your fellow player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burns
United States
Prairieville
LA
flag msg tools
Quote:
$500 - painted Samurai pledge

Wow, not trying to screw people over I see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how you look at it. He took a risk over two years ago. That money sat and did nothing for him for two years and through all this there has been a lot of fears nothing would come of it.

Now he has a rare sought after item on top of it all.

Besides that I think it is something of a joke. He probably doesn't want to give it up, but for $500 he would.

No need to get down on the guy either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he's Canadian, our dollar is pretty shitty right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also consider that at least two copies sold at $400 here in the BGG marketplace already. It's not a stretch to think that the price will go up to $500 before all is said and done.

Without praising or condemning the practice, I'll just point out that, whatever any one person thinks the game *should* sell for, there are any number of other rational, consenting, mature adults who think it is reasonable to pay more. They aren't dupes, fools, or naive. They simply have different priorities combined with the ability to pay higher prices in response to the limited supply of the game.

If someone decides to pay $500, that is the buyer's business, and nobody else's. It's a voluntary sale between two consenting parties.

If there is any criticism to be leveled, it should be at Funforge for limiting the supply of the game in the first place. If KS backers had been allowed to purchase more than two copies, then prices would never have risen to $400 or more.

Then again, I believe (but have no inside information on this) that part of the reason FF chose to limit sales was that they bit off more than they could chew by offering so much, including painted minis. As a result, my understanding is that they are taking a loss on every copy. It was an attempt to limit their losses.

If they had run the KS campaign more competently, the price for the Samurai pledge would have been higher - say $150 (instead of $115), and then they could have allowed unlimited sales. If they had done that, then fewer people would likely have pledged, but the overall supply would probably have gone up to meet demand of speculators looking to sell copies after the campaign ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think it would be interesting to see the numbers on how the painted minis eventually affected the economics. I suspect FF is taking a hit, just curious as to how much.

But, at any rate I wish them well and assuming my copy gets here by spring I'll be happy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.