Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've just integrated both the mini-expansion & German Railroads into the base game.

The mini expansion has a double-sided '?' token for each player which allows them (if they choose this one) to take one of the unique '?' tokens set aside at the beginning of the game, of which there are 5 in total. For n players you use n+1 of these unique tokens in the game.

The solo variant in the German Railroads expansion uses a dummy player but doesn't cover how many of these unique '?' tokens should be used. The rules do warn that using both expansions may lead to gameplay questions not covered in the rules but do you think it should it be:-

A - 2 unique tokens as you are technically the only player, or...

B - 3 unique tokens to take into account the dummy player?

I would go for A but interested to know your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go for A as the dummy player can't actually acquire the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As the rules for GRR explicity state that usage of the DSP promo is not tested an reccomended I cannot give an official answer. However I would play that you only have two "?" to choose from. Fortunately Emil cannot acquire one of these
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausKnechtskern wrote:
As the rules for GRR explicity state that usage of the DSP promo is not tested an reccomended I cannot give an official answer. However I would play that you only have two "?" to choose from. Fortunately Emil cannot acquire one of these

Hi,

Yes, I appreciate the GRR rules explicitly said this as I read that when I was sorting it all out but I was interested to know what others' opinions would be on this. Good to know you agree with how I approach it last night; just two '?' tokens...

Thanks,

Matt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are welcome Matt!

I will ask Helmut about his opinion when I see him next time. So long have fun and enjoy the capital letter games

Klaus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what is worth, I am also using two tokens, since Emil can't get one. Makes the solo experience tighter, which I personally like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.