Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Tierney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game arrived yesterday with one box corner crushed in. No internal damage but it is a bit disappointing. The packaging was just two USPS padded envelopes.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was nervous when I first saw the packaging, but my copy survived. Two of the corners are slightly pushed in, which might bother perfectionists. I have seen worse damage in boxes that were well-packaged, or that I bought off the shelf of a local store. I didn't even notice the damage until I specifically looked for it. It doesn't bother me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask the creator if you can get a replacement box or if he exchanges the box. May be you have luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tharp
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this happen when I got Paperback way back when and it also happened when I got Burgle Bros. So at least they match...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Most of the time with any kind of large amount of shipments, they'll be a failure rate. I've never seen publishers hesitate to make replacements as long as the game was recently in print (because they still have replacements to send).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The lid of my box was smooshed in on the side. Too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I did as well and complained to Ship Naked and posted on the Kickstarter that maybe Tim considers someplace else if possible next time.

It's not due to any kind of odds or failure rate, but basic negligence.

A shipping company that double bags a cardboard box into 2 plastic USPS bubble mailers.

So of course the throwing, dropping and other incidental pressure throughout it's journey has high odds of dinging the corners and other parts of the box. There's really nothing to take the force of the pressure but the box itself.

Thankfully most of us have slightly mushed corners rather than anything truly horrible. Bullet dodged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
In the Kickstarter comment section, if you scroll down and load a few pages of old comments, Tim says:

Quote:
Towers will be coming shortly - should be later this week. Just let me know if you have a damaged box. Because of the high density of the game it's hard to find a perfect shipping method, both shipping boxes and envelopes occasionally have damage. Just let me know and we can replace any boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tierney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! I really just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.

I can live with the damage to my box, but it is good to know the publisher is taking care of the backers. Hopefully better shipping packaging can be used in future projects. I was an original backer for Paperback and can't remember how it was shipped, but thankfully that box made it to me undamaged.

The game itself looks great. We had guests all weekend so only party games got any attention. Hopefully we'll get a game of Burgle Bros. played this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.