Hide
13 Posts

Darkest Night» Forums » General

Subject: A request....Pyromancer where are you? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
England
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Darkest Night fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome fanMicrobadge: Three-Dragon Ante fanMicrobadge: Android fan
LOVING this game and would love to see a pyromancer as a hero class, maybe a bounty hunter too? Any chance Jeremy? It really is the Dark Souls of the board game world. I congratulate you on a fantastic design well done devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see some kind of Summoner hero that can create a second standee and be able to act in two places (likely choosing each turn which one to activate).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
I'd like to see some kind of Summoner hero that can create a second standee and be able to act in two places (likely choosing each turn which one to activate).
Darkest Night: In Tales of Old give you the "conjurer"
he can do exactly what you described...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Empirically Awesome Games! http://empiricallyawesome.com/
badge
Empirically Awesome Games! http://empiricallyawesome.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
WAINBERG111 wrote:
dboeren wrote:
He can?? I have the Conjurer, and I don't remember anything like this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at the Conjurer cards now but I'm not seeing it. Which specific ability are you talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WAINBERG111 wrote:
dboeren wrote:
I've played the Conjurer multiple times. He has no such ability.
Since we're all chiming in about new hero ideas, how about a Chronomancer that uses spells to manipulate time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes he has.

he place a Shadow scout or something like that.

also his other powers (not duplicate a player or anything but...) he place a mirror image, portal, summon a golem and blizzard and its kind of reminding the things that you want

sorry if i'v confuse everybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AND a bounty hunter is really good idea to add for this game.

keep on gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Mercenary; that's kind of like a bounty hunter. He can get treasure chests by destroying blights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a shapeshifter? It could be a Jekyll & Hyde character, a lycanthrope, etc...

One form is good at fighting, another is good at search/evade, and you have to exhaust an ability to swap forms. Some of his powers may only work in one form, or may have different effects depending on which form he's in at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
How about a shapeshifter? It could be a Jekyll & Hyde character, a lycanthrope, etc...

One form is good at fighting, another is good at search/evade, and you have to exhaust an ability to swap forms. Some of his powers may only work in one form, or may have different effects depending on which form he's in at the moment.
Sounds exactly like the Druid!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Druid is a shape-shifter.

The Nymph has powers that do different things depending on which season she's in, and a power that she can exhaust to change seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WAINBERG111 wrote:
yes he has.

he place a Shadow scout or something like that.

also his other powers (not duplicate a player or anything but...) he place a mirror image, portal, summon a golem and blizzard and its kind of reminding the things that you want

sorry if i'v confuse everybody.

"Shadow Scout" allows him a free Search until he finds something, but the post was talking specifically about a power that would allow you to have two standees and be able to choose which one to activate. The Conjurer cannot do this. I agree that that he is the type of character that would have that power, and he does have powers that seem to be "illusion" and "creation" based.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls