Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

La Granja» Forums » Rules

Subject: Helper Glossary - Clarification on the helper effects in La Granja rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I started to work on a Helper Glossary including all the questions and rules clarifications that came up in the internet and in general and especially here on the Geek in the many rules threads.

The basic document I am leaning on the the brilliant FAQ by @Jaokley815 here: boardgamegeek.com/filepage/124330/la-granja-helper-card-faq

Thank you very much for the huge amount of work you put into this file! Awesome! I invite all of the gamers out there to go to the file page and give him thumbs up and Geekgold if you like.

I created a "Google Docs"-document to work on the Helper Glossary. You can find it here: docs.google.com/document/d/1sMwPRuhpRyLfocVz9nysYDqvkYnxPFQO...

Right now it is a work in progress and I work on it whenever I find the time to add a few rules. Feel free to comment on the file and ask more questions or just correct my English.

Best...ode.

P.S. Thanks to Paul Grogan from Gaming Rules! for the support on Google issues. :-)
12 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
The card "take a good from a field and place it on the card and it becomes a wild good and you get another wild good" ... Can those goods be sold/upgraded?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
The card "take a good from a field and place it on the card and it becomes a wild good and you get another wild good" ... Can those goods be sold/upgraded?


As far as I know they can be upgraded but can't be sold
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
dylanbradshaw wrote:
The card "take a good from a field and place it on the card and it becomes a wild good and you get another wild good" ... Can those goods be sold/upgraded?


As far as I know they can be upgraded but can't be sold


Right! Thanks, Paulo!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
That doesn't feel intuitive to me. Good to know though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
That doesn't feel intuitive to me. Good to know though.


Well, to me and my playtesters it felt way more un-intuitive when it was not allowed to upgrade them. I just had no explanation to the players why there could an (potential) olive but it cannot be upgraded to food?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
What I meant is not intuitive to be able to upgrade but not be able to sell. I think there is a disconnect there too. Kind of a finniky rule to remember. Anyways, You Rock!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
What I meant is not intuitive to be able to upgrade but not be able to sell. I think there is a disconnect there too. Kind of a finniky rule to remember. Anyways, You Rock!


Thank you for the nice words! Feels really good to read those!

Still I disagree on the point. The rule is simple: All harvest goods on cards cannot be sold, but they can be upgraded.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.