Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend Paul and I (ok two Pauls in the same room playing the same game...) Played this for the first time. I was anxious to try it as it was a recent acquisition.

First - the bits - simply awesome - nice wooden pieces and tile boards. The game just feels nice.

Second, the play is incredibly smooth - when you are first learning it, it is a little confusing as you try to get your mind around your options. We forgot one set-up that I realized after I got home. We at least got a feel for the mechanics, but our games probably wasn't "correctly" played. (In case you are wondering - I forgot to distribute the 15 cubes over the territories.) ???

Lastly, the game is fast. Great for playing while you are waiting on people to show up. The combining of territories and control changing aspects are simply excellent. Very good tactical game as you learn to take advantage of a situation. Some luck in the dice roll, but you really have control of the situation for the most part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.