3 Posts

Dice City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Victory point tokens random? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Provinciael
Belgium
flag msg tools
When you roll a Small house (or a manor) you get victory points.

We currently play it that we take the exact amount that is printed, so iwe take the "1" token for the small house and the "2" token for the manor.

However, I wondered if maybe these were meant to take randomly. So, without looking you would take 2 random tokens from the supply for the Manor.

The reason why I wondered about this is that you will rarely get "5" tokens and the book does mention to keep the tokens hidden. The hidden part especially struck me as odd. Since you can very easily remember roughly the amount of points gathered.

On the other hand, it would make the manor pretty strong for what it's worth.

Anyone can point me to a conclusive rule in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the exact amount that is printed. If you activate a Manor, you get a VP token with the number 2 on it, or 2 tokens with the number 1 on them.

The 5 VP tokens are there for the rare case some players need more than the ones printed. Also, they are used in the solo game, where you don't take the card from the Trade Ships (or the Bandits), you just take VP tokens instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mangis
United States
Medical Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also use the stars when attacking other players' locations, so you could get the 5 star then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls