Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Card wording: "Once per round, whenever you take an action that provides any cleric, you can also replace [a] fighter, rogue, or wizard in your Tavern with [a] cleric."

I added the bold to clarify my question, which is: Do you have to take a cleric to trigger the Plot Quest?

There is one building that gives you the option of taking a cleric (House of Wonder, which lets you spend 2 gold to take 2 clerics and/or wizards), and a few buildings that let you take any of the 4 adventurer types.

So, must you take a cleric to trigger the plot quest? Or does the fact that the action space provides a cleric (even if you don't take one) trigger it anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to actually take a cleric to trigger the plot quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Dad
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading your post… now I'm confused!

Bottom line: Anytime after you've completed the plot quest in question, whenever you get a cleric you may return a warrior, wizard OR rogue to the pool in exchange for a cleric. You don't have to, but the option is there for you because of the completed quest.

If my memory serves me, the card does not stipulate/restrict how often you may do this. So if the caravan building is out and there are three clerics than I assume you may trade in up to three warrior, wizards and/or rogues of any combination (but not exceeding the example of three) from your tavern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goliath463 wrote:

Bottom line: Anytime after you've completed the plot quest in question, whenever you get a cleric you may return a warrior, wizard OR rogue to the pool in exchange for a cleric. You don't have to, but the option is there for you because of the completed quest.

If my memory serves me, the card does not stipulate/restrict how often you may do this. So if the caravan building is out and there are three clerics than I assume you may trade in up to three warrior, wizards and/or rogues of any combination (but not exceeding the example of three) from your tavern.

Not so.

From the Official FAQ at http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2298/=2 :

Official FAQ wrote:
With regard to the Perform a Miracle for the Masses Quest, how many Adventurers can I convert to Clerics each time I gain the benefit of the Plot Quest?

One. The Plot Quest benefit states that once per round when you take an action that provides you with any number of Clerics, you can convert a single Adventurer in your Tavern (a Fighter, a Rogue, or a Wizard) into a Cleric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Also keep in mind that is not just the "taking of the cleric" that triggers the quest, but the fact that you must be the one that actively starts the action. For instance, if another player plays "Call for Adventures" (take two, everybody takes one) and you take a cleric the quest doesn't trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Thanks. I understood the "once per round" part. I was playing with someone who argued he should get to use it if he had the option of taking a cleric, even if he didn't take one. Not so, sir! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manutd03 wrote:

Thanks. I understood the "once per round" part. I was playing with someone who argued he should get to use it if he had the option of taking a cleric, even if he didn't take one. Not so, sir! shake
Yeah, if he takes two wizards then that action did not provide any clerics, it provided wizards. Lame attempt at twisting the words instead of doing what makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
United States
flag msg tools
mb
nightglider1 wrote:
Goliath463 wrote:

Not so.

From the Official FAQ at http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2298/=2 :

Official FAQ wrote:
With regard to the Perform a Miracle for the Masses Quest, how many Adventurers can I convert to Clerics each time I gain the benefit of the Plot Quest?

One. The Plot Quest benefit states that once per round when you take an action that provides you with any number of Clerics, you can convert a single Adventurer in your Tavern (a Fighter, a Rogue, or a Wizard) into a Cleric.
Once per round!! Wow, we have been playing it wrong. Looks like Piety just got way more interesting for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls