4 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: Buy order for a new player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
-GoRdoN-
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently tried this game at my bud's place and absolutely loved it! Am thinking about buying it and introduce it to my gaming group, what order should i buy them and which one adds the most variety to the game to start?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly recommend to start with the base game ;-)
After that you can find some help in this actual thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schweitz
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
The first two expansions now come in a combined box. That's probably the best value as it includes Rook City and Infernal Relics. I would get the base game first and then look for those combined expansions. So far, I have enjoyed all of the expansions. I would just go in order except I would save Vengeance for last. In Vengeance you play against multiple villians. Those villains are only designed for that type of gameplay. I believe the upcoming expansion adds more villains for this type of play. Vengeance still comes with new heroes to play as, so even if you don't care about fighting multiple villains it is still worth buying. There are also some individual characters, villains, and environments you can buy. They are fun too.

In short:

Base game, Rook City + Infernal Relics, Shattered Timelines, Wrath of the Cosmos, then everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say go in order, including having Vengeance in its slot. There's a kind of story to the game, that seeing the new things fleshes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls