Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Playthrough - Few Rule Clarifications/Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1) When doing the Office Job, what do you do with the patrol cards that are blank? Where no guard destination is shown and the lower right corner has a yellow triangle rather than a floor number. What are those for?

2) When you peek a tile, is it "peeked" for the entire game for all team members? For example, I peek a room. Later I need to burn off an action so I don't trigger an event card, so I decide to peek the room next to me....but I already did that earlier. Am I allowed to do it again to burn the action? If so, wouldn't that trigger cheating? Just sitting in a spot and peeking over and over?

If I'm right and you can only peek once, then I'm going to be buying something to use as a token for that. It will help to know on the unrevealed cards which was peeked and which were not.

3) What are the yellow door tokens for?

4) Tiles that require actions to get through.
Laser - I assume it's 2 actions for every pass through. Thematically, the lasers aren't off, you're just moving your body through them every time.

Deadbolt - Card seems self-explanitory. "If empty". Meaning if no one is in the room, the deadbolt is in place...is someone is there, then that person has opened the deadbolt. Yes?

Keypad - This is the confusing one. If you bypass the keypad, is the room forever open, or did the keypad "reset" and each pass through requires bypassing it again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Marstiller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WishItWas1984 wrote:
1) When doing the Office Job, what do you do with the patrol cards that are blank? Where no guard destination is shown and the lower right corner has a yellow triangle rather than a floor number. What are those for?

2) When you peek a tile, is it "peeked" for the entire game for all team members? For example, I peek a room. Later I need to burn off an action so I don't trigger an event card, so I decide to peek the room next to me....but I already did that earlier. Am I allowed to do it again to burn the action? If so, wouldn't that trigger cheating? Just sitting in a spot and peeking over and over?

If I'm right and you can only peek once, then I'm going to be buying something to use as a token for that. It will help to know on the unrevealed cards which was peeked and which were not.

Laser - I assume it's 2 actions for every pass through. Thematically, the lasers aren't off, you're just moving your body through them every time.

Deadbolt - Card seems self-explanitory. "If empty". Meaning if no one is in the room, the deadbolt is in place...is someone is there, then that person has opened the deadbolt. Yes?

Keypad - This is the confusing one. If you bypass the keypad, is the room forever open, or did the keypad "reset" and each pass through requires bypassing it again?
I've played just once and don't have the rules in front of me but I'm pretty sure I can answer 2-4...

2) Peeking means revealing the room (i.e. flipping it over for the rest of the game)

3) Yellow tokens are for marking rooms you've opened like the Keypad room

4) Laser - Correct
Deadbolt - Correct
Keypad - The room is open (see #3 above)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marstiller wrote:

2) Peeking means revealing the room (i.e. flipping it over for the rest of the game)
Duh. That makes sense, thanks.

marstiller wrote:

4) Laser - Correct
Deadbolt - Correct
Thanks! I need to find that door token thing in the rulebook.

Now if someone can clarify #1 then I think I'd have a nearly complete handle on things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WishItWas1984 wrote:
Those yellow triangles are part of the Fort Knox mission (two 5x5 floors). The triangles only appear on the level 3 patrol cards and those two blank ones you mention. When creating the patrol decks you put the white circle patrol cards (from level 1,2 and 3 plus the white circle triangle 'blank' patrol card) in with the floor 1 patrol deck and the black circle patrol cards in the floor 2 patrol deck. If you get a triangle the target for the guard is the triangle not the listed coordinate on the grid (so for the 'blank' cards it would effectively be 'E5') (This makes the 9 extra cards for each floor, allowing the patrol to go to every tile on the 5x5 grid.)

Hope that makes sense. It is not listed in the manual you should do this with the blank cards but you should. Otherwise if not playing Fort Knox leave the blank patrol cards out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marstiller wrote:
WishItWas1984 wrote:

I've played just once and don't have the rules in front of me but I'm pretty sure I can answer 2-4...

4) Laser - Correct
Deadbolt - Correct
Can you elaboate on #3? Are you saying that once a player has successfully enetered a Keypad or Deadbolt room the room is permanently open (and represented with an Open token)? I thought you had to re-try getting into the Deadbolt ever time and spend the 3 actions on the Keypad every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jda1974 wrote:

Can you elaboate on #3? Are you saying that once a player has successfully enetered a Keypad or Deadbolt room the room is permanently open (and represented with an Open token)? I thought you had to re-try getting into the Deadbolt ever time and spend the 3 actions on the Keypad every time.
Ok, I'm editing this a 3rd time based on the response immediately below this. At first I thought after my 2nd playthrough that 6 Yellow Door Tokens + 3 Keypad & 3 Deadbolt tiles means that you only have to go through the Deadbolt once and it stays open.

That's what I get for not reading every card in the box. So the crowbar does that and the door token is only for when you use the crowbar.

So that answers that finally. To sum up:

Keypad - Open Once, Stays Open
Deadbolt - Open Every Time It's Empty. Stays Open Only w/ Crowbar
Labratory - Actually I boxed everything up and don't feel like cracking it open....it's probably obvious if I read it, but why a door token on a Lab?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keypad is perminently open once cracked. Deadbolt is only 'open' if someone is on the tile and locks again once that character/guard moves off. Of course you could use the crowbar tool to open it perminently.

I've been using the open tokens for keypad rooms, laboratory access and crowbar use.

Also note there is an event that locks all the keypads again, removimg the open token!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls