Eva
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought my wishlist was in better shape than it is. It is horrible (don't go there, it will make your eyes bleed and give you nightmares, don't say I didn't warn you).
But, since I am a mother of two and a last year med student I have no time to research new games. I don't even know where to begin. And I feel so sorry for my future SS.

Can you please tell me what is new and cool? Or what game this (or last) year that excited you most?

I hate wargames and Agricola and love co-op and worker placement. But I am open to any suggestions.

Help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castles of Mad King Ludwig is quite good :) Build a crazy castle and score points for:
building rooms
certain rooms adjacent to each other
room completion bonuses (connect all entrances of the room)
shared public goals (points for 1st/2nd/3rd/4th place)
secret personal goals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausemus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When my family and I discovered Royals it gets the requests for play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't feel sorry for the previous SS Ha! Amitrite or what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are definitely missing Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island on your wishlist.

One of the best cooperative games out there!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at The Golden Ages, Concordia, and Five Tribes.

I don't own Orléans yet, but I plan to get it. Maybe you'd like it too.

All of the above have some sort of worker placement, or in the case of Five Tribes, worker removal.

An aside: Looking at your list of games owned, I notice that your tastes match mine very well. I see also that you own Tigris & Euphrates - my favorite game of all time - but you haven't played it yet. You need to try it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1. I played it for the first time this past weekend and wow was it fun/neat/cool. Big hit with my group and I can't wait to play again.

If you enjoy the coop Pandemic then it's a no brainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the spirit of the holiday season, my recommendation would be to focus on the giving. Not the receiving...

With that said... here are a couple of recommendations of some of the best newer games within the past year or so:

Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
Castles of Mad King Ludwig
Roll for the Galaxy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcie Dobyns
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterium - Asymetrical Co-op, clue meets dixit. Great fun!

T.I.M.E. Stories - Point and click adventure game in board game format. Also co-op. Not replayable unless you have a terrible memory, but new story packs are being planned for release every couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcie Dobyns
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steampunk Rally - Rube Goldberg-esque racing game. Has a learning curve, but once you're past the first game the iconography is very easy to understand. (My dad went from saying he hated games like this to buying his own copy after one short game and one regular length game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viticulture Essential Edition is coming out late November / Early December and is my current worker placement of choice.

+1 T.I.M.E Stories

+1 Pandemic Legacy: Season 1

+564718617676 Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island. This is really one of the best games I've ever played, period. It's a co-op worker placement game, so it really does fit your requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete truss
England
Bridgwater
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These are the latest and most talked about games in my game group. I can only vouch for champions of midgard being a solid worker placement. The rest Iv not played yet. Fill your boots.

Pandemic legacy
Time stories
Blood rage
Codenames
Above and below
Champions of midgard
Nippon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
papagamer72 wrote:
In the spirit of the holiday season, my recommendation would be to focus on the giving. Not the receiving...

I totally agree with you. But, as a Santa you want to give your Santee something they will really enjoy. And a wishlist helps you with that. I have given my SS free hands, but not all SS like that. So this is for the sake of my SS. I usually put a lot more time into making this an enjoyable experience for my santee than I do in my wishlist (and maybe that´s not fair to my SS?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tysonk28 wrote:
I don't feel sorry for the previous SS Ha! Amitrite or what.

I am sorry, I feel that my English is not up to the standards here. I don't understand what you mean by this. *feeling stupid*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will look into these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a joke in poor taste about the nazi special police

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic legacy is so going on my wishlist after Secret santa. I think it is a bit too expensive to put up there now. Thank you again for the suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.