Subject: Which one would you eliminate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a big list going and I'm getting ready to place an order, but I feel like I need to bring it down by at least one, if not two. Problem is, I know that all of them would appeal to me so I'm having trouble discounting anything. We play mostly 2P, so it's go to be good at that point, but they all look like they are.

So, from the following list, which would you eliminate?

- Dead Men Tell No Tales (Love coops and love the theme and tile laying aspect of this one.)

- Champions of Midgard (this might be the closest to elimination based on component quality and the similarity to LOW, although we have and love LOW and this looks like it does LOW one better.)

- Ashes: Rise of the Phoneixborn. (Too similar to Summoner Wars? Although we adore summoner wars so more of the same isn't necessarily a reason to drop it.)

- Big Book of Madness - We love coops and the theme here looks great. Rahdo sold me on it.

- Specter Ops. (FOD is on order with another preorder, but I enjoy hidden movement and this looks awesome, too.)

- Star Wars Rebellion (This is the big dog that's driving this order because it just looks so awesome! But its price point is why some of the others need to get pushed off for now.)

Or, should I just go sell a kidney, remortgage the house so I can put on an addition, and get them all? Oh, and I'm also planning on backing Arcadia Quest: Inferno in a few days, so, yeah...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From your description, it sounds like you want Champions of Midgard the least. Also, even if you really end up enjoying it, if it's similar to a game you already love it's unlikely to replace it, and so you'll end up with two similar games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Waz
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it just the opposite if it’s similar to a game you love get it, go with what you know you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
- Ashes: Rise of the Phoneixborn. (Too similar to Summoner Wars? Although we adore summoner wars so more of the same isn't necessarily a reason to drop it.)

From what I have seen, this is not as much like Summoner Wars as it is like Magic: the Gathering and similar games.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get rid of Specter Ops. I had such high hopes for it after all the reviews, but i was severly disappointed. Especially if you mostly play 2p, you do not want/need this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.