Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tiara clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Millard
United States
flag msg tools
Hi,

The question I have involves what happens when you move onto a tile with a guard. Technically, exiting the adjacent tile should cause a trigger, and being on the same tile as the guard should cause a second trigger, so this movement should remove 2 stealth tokens. This seems a little extreme, e.g. consider what happens when you're two tiles away from guard and move four tiles in a line, crossing the guard:

1.) first move enters a tile adjacent to the guard, - 1 stealth token
2.) second move exits a tile adjacent to the guard and results in being on the same tile as the guard, - 2 tokens
3.) third move enters a tile adjacent to the guard, -1 token
4.) fourth move exits a tile adjacent to the guard, -1 token

Hence you lose 5 tokens in total, instantly ending the game.

Similarly, if the guard lands on you, then in order to escape, you'll have to use up 2 more stealth tokens to get away, right? One to enter a tile adjacent to a guard and another to exit that tile? That, in addition to the stealth token you lost when the guard landed on you.

Is this all the correct behavior or is there some limit to the damage that the tiara can do? Or when you have the tiara, are you supposed to just make sure you are nowhere near the guard? I suppose a last question might be, can you drop a loot and come back for it later (or get another player to pick it up later)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
Centerville
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It's probably easier to think about the character holding the tiara as having a portable foyer and treat it like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Capozzi
United States
Andover
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
“Here’s to long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one. A cold beer — and another one!”
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you lose a stealth by exiting a tile that is adjacent to a guard, only by entering it. So if you do indeed head straight for (and through) a guard, I think you're losing 3 stealth (entering the adjacent tile before the guard, entering the tile with the guard, entering the tile after, but still adjacent to, the guard). Still a very expensive move if you find yourself stuck in such a situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hawkins
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
You don't lose stealth for exiting a tile. Son in your scenario of carrying the Tiara:

1) enter tile adjacent to guard - lose 1 stealth
2) enter tile with guard - lose 1 stealth
3) enter tile adjacent to guard - lose 1 stealth

Total of 3 stealth lost. Yes, it it a lot, but that is why you wouldn't want to walk by a guard carrying the tiara.

Same thing would happen, if you were standing still with the tiara and the guard was moving through your space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2
Memory serves me that the card said you had to be moving to be seen on an adjacent card. I gathered if a guard passes by on his move, you would not be seen unless he came onto your tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said. You must be moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Mancino
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the acrobat (flexibility) carrying the Tiara lose a stealth if he enters in a tile with guard?

1) enter tile adjacent to guard - lose 1 stealth
2) enter tile with guard - he doesn't lose stealth (free action)
3) enter tile adjacent to guard - lose 1 stealth

surpriseninjasurprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
It's probably easier to think about the character holding the tiara as having a portable foyer and treat it like that.
That's not really the way it works though, is it? I mean, you can't be seen by the Guard at all when the Guard is moving. The tiara only gives you away if YOU move.

Also, someone above me said the Tiara doesn't activate when you are exiting a tile. According to Tim in this other thread, it DOES.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/21240231#21240231

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls