Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After one 4p- and half a 3p game, I am wondering:

- Why would I waste an action to play golf, for 1 meager VP (unless I was outbid, and am already the starting player)?

- Shouldn't the variety tokens score a little more than just 1 VP? Just like golfing, this doesn't strike me as something to strive for...

- Same with the human resources action: Renting out a silver talent generates next to nothing... Why would I do that?

I have the feeling that I might be missing something here. Please enlighten me!

Having said that, I was impressed by the fact that I could make a close second place with a single, 2x2-star talent-powered series I acquired in turn one, and the occasional one-shot show which my wretched opponents forgot to snatch away from me. Nice game Elad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine wrote:
After one 4p- and half a 3p game, I am wondering:

- Why would I waste an action to play golf, for 1 meager VP (unless I was outbid, and am already the starting player)?
I think you answered your own question whistle
This is a minor action that I had to add for the 4 players game.

Imagine wrote:

- Shouldn't the variety tokens score a little more than just 1 VP? Just like golfing, this doesn't strike me as something to strive for...
It ain't hugely rewarding strategy (I would try to "score" them as you go) - but sometimes those few points might be a big difference.
Making money is always the great goal.

Imagine wrote:

- Same with the human resources action: Renting out a silver talent generates next to nothing... Why would I do that?
This action is a tricky one. I use it if I need to get a Talent back to my hand - as I might get a better fit for it. Yes, it is a very costly action to make - but you might get a nice turnaround as soon as you get that Talent onto the right Show.

Imagine wrote:

I have the feeling that I might be missing something here. Please enlighten me!

Having said that, I was impressed by the fact that I could make a close second place with a single, 2x2-star talent-powered series I acquired in turn one, and the occasional one-shot show which my wretched opponents forgot to snatch away from me. Nice game Elad!
Thanks a lot for the kind words and those questions are very good.

Elad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Li
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
eg1105 wrote:

It ain't hugely rewarding strategy (I would try to "score" them as you go) - but sometimes those few points might be a big difference.
Making money is always the great goal.
Hi, I'm trying to see what else in the rules I misunderstood. What do you mean "score them as you go"? Are we supposed to keep track of what genres we've aired and would receive the token if our canceled and current shows match all genres?

eg1105 wrote:

This action is a tricky one. I use it if I need to get a Talent back to my hand - as I might get a better fit for it. Yes, it is a very costly action to make - but you might get a nice turnaround as soon as you get that Talent onto the right Show.
The rules say we can only turn over a Talent card that's already in our hand, not one that's in play in the TV guide. Is this incorrect? Can we really loan talent cards that are already in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls