5 Posts

Zombie Fluxx» Forums » Rules

Subject: Larry the Zombie vs Double Agenda rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Noble
United States
flag msg tools
I need a ruling since I can't come to an agreement with my friends.

Larry the Zombie states that he moves to another player when the goal changes. So what counts as changing?

It's agreed upon that if a new goal is played and the old goal is discarded, that counts as a change for the purposes of Larry.

Does Larry move in these other scenarios?

a: If there is no goal and a goal is played?

b: If there is one goal and a second goal is played while Double Agenda is active (allowing for two goals to be in play)?

c: If two goals are in play with Double Agenda in play, then Double Agenda is discarded causing one of the goals to be discarded?

d: If a goal is discarded for any reason other than playing a new goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Larry vs Double Agenda
Yami_Aguilar wrote:
I need a ruling since I can't come to an agreement with my friends.

Larry states that he moves to another player when the goal changes. So what counts as changing?

It's agreed upon that if a new goal is played and the old goal is discarded, that counts as a change for the purposes of Larry.

Does Larry move in these other scenarios?

a: If there is no goal and a goal is played?

b: If there is one goal and a second goal is played while Double Agenda is active (allowing for two goals to be in play)?

c: If two goals are in play with Double Agenda in play, then Double Agenda is discarded causing one of the goals to be discarded?

d: If a goal is discarded for any reason other than playing a new goal?

a: Yes.
b: Yes.
c: Yes.
d: Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically think of it as the number of goal cards changes OR one or goal cards is replaced. Either one means the players goals have changed and therefore triggers Larry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some more details.

The Radioactive Potato in Fluxx 4.0 also moves when the goal changes. The Fluxx FAQ on the old Looney Labs fan site had this to say about it:

Quote:
Q: After the card Double Agenda is played, does the next goal played count as a "goal change" for the purposes of moving the Radioactive Potato card when it is in play?
A: Yes. The goal has still changed -- it's gone from being "Do This Thing" to "Do either This Thing or That Thing."

and this:

Quote:
Q: If the Radioactive Potato shows up before any Goal is played, does it move when someone plays the first Goal?
A: Yes. The goal has still changed, from no goal to the new Goal.

and to answer the question you haven't asked yet, it also said this:

Quote:
Q: If playing with the Radioactive Potato or Larry the Zombie, and the Goal changes, can a player win before RP or LtZ moves to the adjacent player?
A: No. The movement of RP or LtZ counts as part of the result of the Goal played, so they move first, and then players check their win conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noble
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks, guys! I guess I should have looked at the rules for Radioactive Potato. I forgot that card existed.

EDIT: But I suppose this thread will be useful for people who have this question in the future and don't think to look up Radioactive Potato.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.