Vault Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Several Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - We used Cursed Idol and ran out of Corruption Tokens in the last round, what we did was write what extra tokens everyone had, however we don´t know if that was correct or if we should stop giving corruption tokens after the 8 are gone.

2 - It was said in the Kickstarter comments the Priest card bonus caps when playing with Cursed idol, does that happen with the other hero cards as well? If that is the case what is the cap of each card? IS the Priest bonus cap 24 in the best scenario?

3 - In the Guild Master worker card it says "Give one player a non-Junk item,..." Does it have to be from your item pile since it doesn´t specify?

4 - Is it possible to buy a shield or helm or chestplate? If yes, for how much? We bought it for 2 however we weren´t sure about it.

5 - The Mirrored Chest card has a 4* in the draw items image however the * only appears when there are specials occasions like drawing more or less than the number in the same draw item image. For example: Guildmaster´s Workshop and Gear Chamber. In the Mirrored Chest however, you draw 4 cards only it doesn´t change anything, I think. Is it an error or am I missing something?

6 - In the same card Mirrored Chest, Do they have to be 2 piles with the same number of cards?

7 - This question was asked by only one person that insisted that when you get the Corruption token you would get the 12 gold as well. We didn´t follow that rule but I still have to ask so everything gets crystal clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be in the rules section, and I think several of these have been answered already.

Your #4 question confuses me.

#5 I think the asterix is there because one person doesn't win all 4 of the items. You're right that everywhere else it's implied that the number changes, I think it just signifies an exception.

#6 Yes, you end up with 2 separate piles of 2 cards, each with only one card revealed. Then it becomes a fun prisoner's dilemma, did the other player put the good card on top of the stack he wants, or doesn't want?

#7 Not sure I understand exactly what you're asking here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Masks: A New Generation RPG fanMicrobadge: Westworld fanMicrobadge: Marvel Cinematic Universe fanMicrobadge: Wolf of the WeekMicrobadge: Monsterhearts RPG fan
Enchained wrote:
1 - We used Cursed Idol and ran out of Corruption Tokens in the last round, what we did was write what extra tokens everyone had, however we don´t know if that was correct or if we should stop giving corruption tokens after the 8 are gone.
Yes, keep giving out corruption.

Enchained wrote:
2 - It was said in the Kickstarter comments the Priest card bonus caps when playing with Cursed idol, does that happen with the other hero cards as well? If that is the case what is the cap of each card? IS the Priest bonus cap 24 in the best scenario?
I don't think the ruling on this has been made, just that there needs to be one.

Enchained wrote:
4 - Is it possible to buy a shield or helm or chestplate? If yes, for how much? We bought it for 2 however we weren´t sure about it.
With the workers that let you do so, yes. I'd say you pay its individual cost, since you're not buying a set.

Enchained wrote:
7 - This question was asked by only one person that insisted that when you get the Corruption token you would get the 12 gold as well. We didn´t follow that rule but I still have to ask so everything gets crystal clear.
When you go to the Loan Shark, you get a corruption token and 12 gold. If you get a corruption token from another source, you don't get 12 gold with it automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
This should be in the rules section, and I think several of these have been answered already.

Your #4 question confuses me.

#5 I think the asterix is there because one person doesn't win all 4 of the items. You're right that everywhere else it's implied that the number changes, I think it just signifies an exception.

#6 Yes, you end up with 2 separate piles of 2 cards, each with only one card revealed. Then it becomes a fun prisoner's dilemma, did the other player put the good card on top of the stack he wants, or doesn't want?

#7 Not sure I understand exactly what you're asking here.
First of all you are right this shouldn´t have been posted in this section, I didn´t even notice, I apologize for that.

#4 There are cards that let you buy cards from the trash pile for the price that is on the card and everything is ok with that, however the cards I mentioned(helm, chestplate and shield) don´t have a cost they have a "*" and it says on that card I can sell the card for 2gold and when combined with another cards they give you even more gold.

#5 That was my exactly my doubt, why everywhere else but here... thanks

#6 Thanks

#7 Answered by BlackSheep

BlackSheep wrote:
Enchained wrote:
Yes, keep giving out corruption.

Enchained wrote:
I don't think the ruling on this has been made, just that there needs to be one.

Enchained wrote:
With the workers that let you do so, yes. I'd say you pay its individual cost, since you're not buying a set.

Enchained wrote:
When you go to the Loan Shark, you get a corruption token and 12 gold. If you get a corruption token from another source, you don't get 12 gold with it automatically.
#1 Thanks.

#2 We´ll think of a cap or maybe don´t use it at all.

#4 Already explained that it has no individual cost.

#7 Thanks.

So only #3 and #4 need to be answered now.
Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Creating Everlasting Experience Through Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Enchained wrote:

3 - In the Guild Master worker card it says "Give one player a non-Junk item,..." Does it have to be from your item pile since it doesn´t specify?
Yes, from your item pile

Enchained wrote:

Yes, for 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls