Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Grzywacz
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Founder LexiCon Tabletop Gaming Convention in Lexington and CinCityCon in Cincinnati!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to teach 3 new people Seven7s, a fun card game by Eagle-Gryphon. We played two rounds, a learning round and then a "serious" round.

The thing I noticed most about this game is that it seems to get better with the more players you have in the game. The cards provide some nice options for play, changing the colors of wild cards, gambling by guessing the next card for points...

A random card was put out, the Seven Seas. I put out a low Holy Virtues card which allowed me to play again. I put out another low yellow Colors card, which made the two yellow cards in my hand worth 7 each (they are the highest allowed values available, when they are the wild color).

Richmond played Lucky Gods, guessed the number 3 and was right. He got to put this card in front of him for 2 extra points at the end of the game.

Ally started a new Ages of Man column, which now that there was one there, lowered the value of my wild cards to 6. The Ages of Man column eliminates starting at the highest numbered (7) cards for each card in this column. It can also be used to make any column get to 7 cards, thus ending the game.

Tom played an Ages of Man card on the Seas card. He seemed more about disrupting the other players.

At the end of the game, I played the seventh card on the Seas column. By this time, my one blue wild card was only worth 4 points. But I had two other 4 point cards in my hand for 12. Richmond had 10 points in his hand, but had two bonus cards for a total of 14 points and won the game.

While this game is a lighter game, it can hurt your brain, in a good way, with all of the maneuvering that happens near the end of the game. You can impact other players scores, but it will also impact yours. While there is some luck, how you play is very important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls