Brian Andrews
United States
West Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Title says it all...tyring to decide if I should pimp out my Standard Edition or go with Black Box.

If the cards and board are upgraded, I will go with Black Box.

TIA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Warhammer Age of Sigmar fanMicrobadge: Caylus 1303 fanMicrobadge: Rangers of Shadow Deep fanMicrobadge: Forbidden Stars fanMicrobadge: San Juan fan
They are. I'm rendering a video now that will be up later tonight detailing all the differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Andrews
United States
West Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks Joel! Love your reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Holmes
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: R.E.M. fanMicrobadge: LibrarianMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge:  Tabby cat lover
Excited to see that! I already ordered the BB but am interested in what the exact differences are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/83231
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Warhammer Age of Sigmar fanMicrobadge: Caylus 1303 fanMicrobadge: Rangers of Shadow Deep fanMicrobadge: Forbidden Stars fanMicrobadge: San Juan fan
They are most certainly thicker. At the very least stiffer. I don't want to oversell it but they are noticeably better quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What Joel said. They are better/nicer all around.

Funny thing, I had to return my first black series copy to Amazon because there were pen marks on my darkside deck. Opened the shrink wrapped cards to find ballpoint pen like circles on the backs of several cards. Never seen that before. Replacement was perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls