Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do people think about playing this coop w/ nine year olds? A nine year old that can figure out how to play LOTR LCG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
isthar wrote:
What do people think about playing this coop w/ nine year olds? A nine year old that can figure out how to play LOTR LCG...
I've played it tons with my nine year old. He doesn't quite get all the strategy nuances but otherwise he caught on very well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isthar wrote:
i'd say it's easier to play than LOTR LCG ... lots of little rules gotchas but you'll be there too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
My 10-y/o son didn't like it, too much strategy and nuance and not enough action. His favorite game is Arcadia Quest and we're having a blast with Blood Rage right now. He loves him some minis with his board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kittenhoarder and I made a few tweaks to the Adventure Guide so it's more family friendly. We made the heroes unwitting conscripts into the life of piracy and had them issuing orders to curb their crew's baser instincts where needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rochford
United States
Summerfield
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently playing table captain with my 7 yo who is starting to grasp the concepts of cards/actions etc... She is enjoying the experience as she likes Pirate themes and has taken an interest in her characters development and understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they can read and handle other text-based card games, they should be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls