Lior A
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

I am thinking about getting the game solely for 2p.

Is it worth it?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion is that it's to long to be a great two player game, for the money I would look for true two player games instead of a 3/4 player game with the after thought of two players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
The game is totally different to the 3/4 player game. The box comes with two different games that happen to share some of the components.

Is it worth getting for two players?

It depends on how much money you have, your personal preferences and other games you may like more that are potential purchases.

The game is not long - it takes an hour and plays fast. It is a hoot. The theme is silly/frivolous.

If you like games of direct conflict where the theme is amusing you may like this.

There is a lot of tension in the game and the random set-up means that each new game will be a fresh situation to work out the best strategy.

Is it my favourite two-player game? No way.

Is it fun? Yes.

Will I be keeping mine? Yes.

Any questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
So Near, So Far: Musings for Miles - Joe Henderson
badge
Bryant & May: Strange Tide - Christopher Fowler
Microbadge: Fugitive fanMicrobadge: Whitehall Mystery fanMicrobadge: Little Wars centennial (1913-2013)Microbadge: Wargamer of 50+ yearsMicrobadge: I love reading to my grandchildren
I've yet to play anything but the 2-player game. I've played it four times now, and very much looking forward to the next outing. So yeah, I'd absolutely recommend it.

I think it's great that the 2-player mode is a fully realized game with its own map, cards, etc. rather than a nerfed version of the game for more players. The fact that there is a 3-4 player game is just gravy for me; I'll be interested in seeing whether it's as good that way as it is with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls