Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Guy
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Book readerMicrobadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Kindle readerMicrobadge: Twitter user
Do open entrances that are "inside" based on the moat rules still count as "external entrances" for the purpose of bonus scoring? Would it make a difference if the moat was complete or not? What about those entrances which go into a courtyard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
Microbadge: Platinum Image UploaderMicrobadge: I like sharing photos with Instagram.Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Lautapeliopas
I'd count those as external entraces for bonus purposes, otherwise those bonus cards would be way too weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
I'd count those as external entraces for bonus purposes, otherwise those bonus cards would be way too weak.
I'm nowhere near the rules, so this is just my opinion but I wouldn't count them if you had closed your moat, as they are no longer external entrances. There is a big wall around your castle. If you are going for the external entrances bonus then that is another thing to think about before completing your moat or any courtyards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Guy
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Book readerMicrobadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Kindle readerMicrobadge: Twitter user
Hmm both replies make sense. Unfortunately the rules for the expansion do not mention external entrances at all.

One thing I like about the second option is that it means that in a game with both moats and the external entrances favor, any players who don't get to complete their moat get an advantage with the favor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new bonus for "courtyards" that is an internal area with at least one entrance into it. If you have a completely built moat, you get credit for the courtyard made by the moat itself, which seems at odds with ALSO scoring it as an external entrance.

I would say that if your moat is not complete, you can count doors open to nothing an external entrance, but if you close up the moat, they count as part of a courtyard instead. You can still put "outside" rooms outside of your moat area and count their external entrances, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls