Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I own the Super Deluxe Edition of the game. Therefore I own all of the 7 expansions available so far.

Because my buddy and me want to start using the expansions in our games the question came up with which expansion we should start first? And after that which expansion we should use next? And should we use several expansions at the same time? Or is one expansion per game enough?

I read somewhere that the coach expansion will result in a very swingy game so we actually don't want to use it. The other expansions are still looking really interesting. But we don't know if they have something like a difficulty. Therefore we don't know if and in which order we should use them? So a ordered list of all expansions would also be a great thing (if possible)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: I support the Terriers!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!
I'd say to put Hitters, Pitchers and Magna Glove in first. They're only 10 cards each, and if you only put one in, it'll unbalance the selection. Play with a 10-card buy row instead of 6.

I haven't played with the two new ones, but I'd say those and Rally Cap are the next level, as the cards seem more situational than the ones in the 'basic' expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree 100%

qwertymartin wrote:
I'd say to put Hitters, Pitchers and Magna Glove in first. They're only 10 cards each, and if you only put one in, it'll unbalance the selection. Play with a 10-card buy row instead of 6.

I haven't played with the two new ones, but I'd say those and Rally Cap are the next level, as the cards seem more situational than the ones in the 'basic' expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver File UploaderMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek Veteran
I agree as well.

As for the Coaches expansion: Any 1 card can and will swing a mini-game. Its about winning more than you lose in terms of mini-games. So I just cannot agree that the Coach cards are unbalanced. I have won and lost with most of them, which is the most or least you can say of any 1 card in the game. (I am looking at you Fumbles!)

Save Coaches for when you are more experienced with the game. They add another interesting level to the game and I disagree that they are any more "swingy" then any other card. You will know 3 of the 4 coaches the other player drafts and can plan accordingly as you draft and play your team.

Best
Ralph

Go Wiffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for hints, guys!

If someone has more infos, tipps and know how please share it with us. I will come back after trying the advice from Martin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls