Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone one know, if we play the game with the minimum player count which is 5, how long would the game take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nezrul wrote:
Does anyone one know, if we play the game with the minimum player count which is 5, how long would the game take?
This depends on the player type.

Inexperienced players will take more time, but also might avoid trading risks. Let me tell you: if you are afraid to trade, you will not get enough points to purchase civilization advances (including defense for those nasty calamities).

Experienced players though, sometimes may take forever to calculate their movement or purchases. You could set a time limit there.

Two weeks ago we did the expert AST with 5 experienced players. We played the full 19 turns in 8 hours.

I expect inexperienced players to require 8 hours for a full (basic AST) game, provided you have read the rules, and have played the first game before.
9 players will go up to 10-12 players, regarding the above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusthoi Rusthoi
Sweden
flag msg tools
Have only played normal advanced civ so far with 6 players and we stopped at 11hours and had about 2 rounds left. Going to play in 2 weeks with 8 players and is counting on 18h. So with 5 I would count about atleast 10h unless everyone is experienced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We encourage using time limits.
The tension makes trading more fun.

We have played most games in max. 13 hours, regardless of playing 9 or 18 players.
Mega Civilization is not Advanced Civilization. We tried to remove most of the waiting time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls