Bruce Glassco
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Reposted from the General thread.

Quote:
For normal games, you score after 3 rounds or turns from each player correct? Then you score from where you have interview cubes, and you get bonus points for prime and secondary suspects? Do I have that correct?
Yes -- scoring is covered on page 5 of the rules. At the end of round 1, (when each player has taken one turn), whoever has the cube on the suspect with the greatest motive gets 3 points, the suspect with the second most motive gets 1 point, and you also get 1 point if the prime suspect passes through your suspect. You do the same thing at the end of the second and the third round, but with more points (listed on page 5 and the player aid cards).

With four and five players, a round consists of each player taking a turn. In a three-player game, everyone gets an extra turn during the second round.

Quote:
Then for solo play, do you place the body from the active stack or the reserve stack? If from the active you would have 6 tiles left for play? Then if you play the certain 2 cards (name escapes me at the moment)you can add another tile from the reserve? Play goes as follows, 1st turn you play a tile, 2nd turn you play another tile picking clockwise or counterclockwise. 3rd turn another tile following the same rotation? Once 4 are played you put a cube on first tile played? You can then play a card or tile on that tile? Then the cube moves to the tile played on turn 2, and you follow same options play a tile or card on that tile? After the cube goes around to the 4 tiles played in the first 4 turns does it get placed on the 5th tile played?
Yes, the body comes from the active stack.
Yes, if you play Destitute or Obsessed, you can either take another tile or another card from the Reserve and add it to the appropriate Active stack or deck.
The cube showing which tile you have to play beside or adjacent to just keeps circling the body, from one of the four adjacent suspects to the next. You never move it to any non-adjacent suspect; however, you're allowed to play a motive card on a suspect that is adjacent to the one with the cube on it.

Thanks for your questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so the numbers on the cards are for determining motive points alone, they aren't used in the scoring at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Glassco
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
If by "the numbers on the cards" you mean the numbers on the red and blue arrows that point inward toward the corpse, then yes, those numbers are just used to determine who has the most motive, with the detective(s) who interviewed the suspects with the most and the second-most motive each scoring points at the end of each round.

If by "the numbers on the cards" you mean the small, unique numbers on the tombstones, those are used in two ways: if they are discarded at the beginning of the game in Game 5, they determine who gets first pick for turn order, and they break motive ties, with the lower number getting priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry should have specified, I was referring to the numbers on the "tiles" not the "cards"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Glassco
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
I figured that's what you meant! My answers were referring to the tiles.

The cards also have numbers, but they're only used at the beginning of the game, when they may be discarded to determine the turn order on the first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls