Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was out ebaying and noticed these are fetching about ten on top of the ebay really want inflation.
Think these will gradually come down?
Trending at $35, I am worried these might stay or climb since many want multi and less stores in OPs.

Think supply is less and demand more?

Honestly, I think I want these more than recent releases and coming stuff.
Does anyone play OP and just buy and scoop vs stay and play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max POWER
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to the local OP in a week and a half...I believe we're doing the blinds. The booster is your buy-in. The thought never occurred to me that a person might buy in with the booster and then just leave. Do people really do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was open wondering, especially if prices stay roof high. Anyone seen that happen? I know some OP go right on ebay, wonder if players or scalpers would get more overt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
I'm sure that they are some people scamming the system. But I don't think it involves buy and leave approach. I know that wouldn't work in our local FLGS store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus it just seems uneconomical to go to an event and pick up one booster at a time, hoping that it'll be one of the ones that people want.

Anyways, all of the ebay listings I'm seeing pretty clearly came from a complete set. A few vendors are just capitalizing on the fact that everyone doesn't yet have more of these than we need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OxnardMontalvo wrote:
So I was out ebaying and noticed these are fetching about ten on top of the ebay really want inflation.
Think these will gradually come down?
Trending at $35, I am worried these might stay or climb since many want multi and less stores in OPs.

Think supply is less and demand more?

Honestly, I think I want these more than recent releases and coming stuff.
Does anyone play OP and just buy and scoop vs stay and play?
Both of the previous waves of boosters started out commanding a huge mark up and cratered by the time they'd been around for a while and everyone had an opportunity to get plenty. Only the Vorta Vor from the recent wave seems to net its MSRP or a little more, because of the cloak upgrade.

I expect this blind release to be more or less the same. There are more unique ships to collect, but it's going to also be "in print" a lot longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
terrakhan wrote:
I'm going to the local OP in a week and a half...I believe we're doing the blinds. The booster is your buy-in. The thought never occurred to me that a person might buy in with the booster and then just leave. Do people really do that?
I haven't seen it with attack wing, but it used to happen all the time with heroclix (which is made by the same company) when they had tournament exclusive buy in figures and packs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
msg tools
mb
I really hate having to pay a premium for Blind Boosters, especially on eBay where the conversion rate from USD to CAD adds nearly 30% to the cost for me, then there's also shipping on top. There's a store in Toronto's Kensington Market that sells them, but the owner tends to base his prices off what they go for on eBay.

If anyone lives in the GTA and wants to sell their Aldara and IRW Belak Blind Boosters for a reasonable price, PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would hold out buying them from ebay and the like for a while. The Blinds are due to be around for the next year and will surly go down in price on the second hand market.

The scalpers are just taking advantage of them being "new", hell there is a Lakota in the UK going for £32 which is more than some of the limited prize ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May just hold off for this Christmas, see if cost comes down.
I picked up ones I wanted last time they did these boosters rather cheap and quickly.
Feels like a savings bond Christmas coming this year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would definitely wait a couple of months if you want to buy an entire set. Last year there were entire bricks of the blind boosters going for under $100 by the time the second batch had been out for a couple of months. Unless there's a sudden, dramatic change in the marketing plan for these things, the market will probably go from a shortage to a glut in a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls