Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am 99% sure that I know the answer already, but my local group is not afraid to exploit a loophole -- so I need to inquire about the 1%.

The green upgrade tile for Toronto clearly has two exits from the NE city. And two exits from the SW city.

For the brown upgrade tile for Toronto, the exits from the SW cities are really really hard to see, but it does look like there are at least stubs for the two tracks from the SW cities.
But the brown upgrade tile for Toronto seems to have no exits from the NW cities. This does not seem logical as it would violate the rule that "Track segments on the old tile must be represented in the same orientations on the new tile".
However, I know that there are a few 18xx titles with some wonky tiles (I am looking at you 1854).

So, just need to confirm the exits from the brown Toronto tile cities.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Los Gatos
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Supreme Court Listener
badge
Supporter of the National Flag Football League
mbmbmbmbmb
A Black Magic Marker and you have your own Errata tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
Microbadge: I aspire to Curmudgeon Level EricMicrobadge: I love Canada!Microbadge: In MemoriamMicrobadge: I love Mexico!Microbadge: I support the Women and Gaming community
The two tiles have the same exits (note that the geometry here is exactly the same as for the NY tile in 1830, which may be why people see it as normal.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for confirmation.

Eric Brosius wrote:
The two tiles have the same exits (note that the geometry here is exactly the same as for the NY tile in 1830, which may be why people see it as normal.)
Yep. definitely makes sense (which is why I was 99% sure in the first place). But since the NY tile very clear shows all 4 exits and the Toronto tile does not, I just needed to make sure.

Thanks again to all that replied and for such a quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls