Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
Microbadge: I play both wargames and eurosMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Fan of Formula 1 RacingMicrobadge: Riichi Mahjong fanMicrobadge: 2019 Gold Supporter
Am I daft or is the third safe not mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You set aside two safes, shuffle the remaining floor tiles, and split them into two piles for the two floors. Now take the two held safes and add one to each pile. At this point, one pile (one floor) will now have two safes in it. Thus the statement when it comes to safecracking, "each safe [will have] 7 or 8 numbers in the combination."

Hope this makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
Microbadge: I play both wargames and eurosMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Fan of Formula 1 RacingMicrobadge: Riichi Mahjong fanMicrobadge: 2019 Gold Supporter
Lol. Right. You shuffle ALL the rest of the tiles. Won't one of the two floors now have two staircases, too? That's cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this setup tonight and the second floor was absolutely brutal. The second floor naturally had two safes (although they did share the same column), but we chose to take out the center tile...that natural loop just became brutal at the end as the guard was constantly going around the loop and crossing the safe just about every other turn...we wound up losing after cracking two safes and getting 2 dice on the final safe...shake

It would probably have been advisable to try taking a different tile the first time we attempted this (or to make sure two safes were on the first floor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ponsonbybritt wrote:
Thus the statement when it comes to safecracking, "each safe [will have] 7 or 8 numbers in the combination."
I think that statement refers to the fact that one of the 8 key tiles may be the empty tile spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan C. Suárez
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There could even be 6 key tiles, if the empty tile and two of the safes share same row/column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls