Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wargames [+] [View All]
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an idea for a two player block wargame which is in the galactic conquest genre. Some cards will also be used, but the game will not be a CDG. There will be no CRTs involved because most of the vital information will be on the blocks (or some cards). Combat will be in space and planet side, with a chance for boarding party combat on the ships.

Right now I have the basic concept, and the types of units and cards which will be utilized, but am still weeks (months?) away from actually getting the game to the table.

The game will not cover any sort of political or trading mechanisms, though certain "event" cards will be of those varieties. So, in essence, the game is going to be strictly a wargame.

My question to you is simple: if you were going to play such a game, what would you like to see included? What would you not want to see?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're probably already thinking this, cuz it's obvious, but this is a pat setup for variable player powers...different technologies that have an impact on gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Different sized blocks so you can have small fighters and large starcruisers. Deffinately read The Forever War and add time dilation and loads of tech upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
How about tech advancement, customizable ships, and unique weapons/ship abilities for each faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be several different card types which will offer technological breakthroughs, upgrades, and unique abilities. The cards will be drawn randomly at the outset of the game, thus allowing each side to be different. Meanwhile, certain "event" cards will allow modifications to certain technologies.

Furthermore, the randomness of the card "draw" at the beginning of each game allows for the game to be very different each time it is played. Each race will have it's own attributes, too, which will make them different.

I am aiming for the game to be played in less than three hours (I'd like two hours), with each player trying to amass a certain number of victory points to win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.