Hide
4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A tale of survivors. (Lantern year 10ish spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cal Graye
msg tools
I shall tell you of Calystra. She was a female, and one of the founding four.

In the first lantern year, Calystra spoke the first words and brought language to our settlement. She was our first leader, though perhaps not the most interesting.

I now speak of Antithesis. He was male, and also one of the founding four. He was known for valiantly carving off feet from white lions. Though he'd only done it once so far, everyone agreed that was far more experience than anyone else had. By the time my story ends, he will have carved off feet from four different white lions, along with other various bits, such as tails and jaws and unmentionables.

Antithesis was very, very turned on by the new flapping meat throat sounds, and decided to offer Calystra some Love Juice. She accepted, and the two found brief comfort with each other.

They had a child, Gerald. He was a male. He was the settlement's first born.

They had a second child, Grimma. He was also a male, and the twin brother of Gerald.

Together, they were the best strategists the settlement has ever known.

At the end of the year, Antithesis took his sons hunting. A ferocious white lion roared time and time again, and Grimma learned to Fear the Dark. Gerald however, decided he was Immortal, and after Antithesis carved off yet another white lion paw, slew the beast and made his father proud.

Gerald wished his brother well, knowing that he'd not hunt with them ever again.

In Lantern year two, Gerald was named 'Brainless Fool of the Lantern.' He vowed that one day he would make them all pay for their taunting. Meanwhile, Grimma the fearful is nominated Shining Savior of the Phoenix, and Gerald's resentment grows further.

In Lantern year three, a disagreement broke out between Antithesis and Calystra, and a Rivalry formed. After hours of fist fights and harsh words, they decided the best way to settle the score was to Duel, and while the settlement was hoping for the two mighty warriors to find a common ground, instead Antithesis gutted Calystra like a pig and drank her blood in order to "gain her strength."

Meanwhile, Gerald banged on some drums feverishly to express his frustrations about his mother's death and his brother's cowardliness. After using up nearly all of the settlement's resources, he managed to calm his brother's fears and allow Grimma to again find comfort in his lantern's glow.

Years passed, and Gerald and Grimma hunted many lions and antelope. There was even a Butcher that was completely un-noteworthy. In time, and due to some unfortunate injuries upon their father, Grimma and Gerald grew to be the most wise and oldest in the settlement. Gerald learned to use the Bow, while Grimma attempted to learn the Axe. Antithesis grew more and more feral, and while he had a spear, he often resorted to using his fists and teeth.

In Lantern year seven, Gerald finally cracked. He heard the voice of his mother calling to him from beyond the grave, and in the quiet of the night, he dug up her corpse and ate her skull. Nobody knew, and Gerald hid his crime well.

The, the next year, he did the unthinkable. Gerald murdered his twin brother in cold blood and within the sight of everyone. The settlement bowed to him in awe, and fearful of his might and wisdom, decided he would be their new leader.

Reveling in his power, Gerald demanded that the settlement research ways to prolong his life. The only thing that he feared was growing too old to hunt, too old to contribute, too old to lead. Even his father seemed younger than him, though certainly more feral.

Soon, he found the solution - a Phoenix. The namesake of his own brother! He ordered the settlement's best hunters to exterminate the entire species if necessary, but bring him their parts! Bring to him his immortality!

But first... an armored soldier stood between him and salvation. A paltry inconvenience, a minor roadblock. Gerald conscripted two of the settlement's brightest new warriors, fitted them with hasty arms and armor, then unchained his father, who was now nothing more than a savage barbarian, albeit strongest of the tribe. Together, the King's Man was quickly vanquished, with Gerald's own arrow dealing the felling blow.

That was to be his downfall, dear listener. Gerald, the settlement's first born. The wisest, most experienced of them all. Now a cripple, afraid to hunt for what will become of him.

This is Gerald.

Pity him, for he is all but lost now. And above all, do not go near him, for any day now he may turn on us all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
AN amazing story. Looking at Gerald's character sheet, the guy is absolutely incredible.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Love the story, I assume the moral of the story is "don't have a twin"

Why was the father savage? I assume high insanity and disorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Graye
msg tools
Teamski wrote:
AN amazing story. Looking at Gerald's character sheet, the guy is absolutely incredible.

-Ski
My thanks!

Slaaneth wrote:
Love the story, I assume the moral of the story is "don't have a twin"

Why was the father savage? I assume high insanity and disorders.
Thematic license, mostly. He's never had more than five insanity that I can recall, though he does have a couple of minor disorders. I just thought the narrative of a guy who had a high strength being offered a weapon to hit monsters with and constantly saying "Naa, my fists are good enough, it's cool." was too good to pass up.

We're in Lantern Year 16, and he's one hunt shy of retiring. Off the top of my head (box is put away), he's +3 accuracy, +9 Strength, +2 luck. He's also missing one eye, deaf, and I recall had a broken leg at one point, though I think that's since been healed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls